Notifications
Clear all

What is something that helps comfort you during hard times?

MemberMember
(@steph93rc)

Posted : 12/23/2016 7:24 pm

I'd like to start a discussion about things that help comfort you during hard times. When your skin is really bad and you're feeling down about yourself, what gives you some comfort?

For me, my little dog helps to provide comfort for me when I'm feeling down. I also find the forums on this site can be comforting at times because the community can be very supportive and understanding. I also find Disney movies comforting, TV shows (recently binge watched Friends), seeing funny/relatable comics on the internet, and spending time with my family can be helpful sometimes too.

Feel free to post a picture of things that have given you comfort; a pet, a game, a stuffed animal, a comic, anything that has lifted your spirit when you were down.

I hope this post helps people escape their troubles, even for a moment, and brings their focus to something that makes life a little better.

shmilyM liked
MemberMember
(@amrit-saini)

Posted : 12/24/2016 1:00 am

I cry and then sleep. Feels good man...

MemberMember
(@steph93rc)

Posted : 12/24/2016 10:08 am

9 hours ago, Amrit Saini said:

I cry and then sleep. Feels good man...

I do that a lot too, but it doesn't feel very good :( 

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 12/24/2016 11:07 am

When I suddenly got acne on my jaw line area and it got bad I always told my sister if she thought it would ever go away. She always said of course it will dont worry about it. My sister and I fought alot in the past, but acne showed me that family is important. I say look for your family to keep motivating you.

steph93rc liked
MemberMember
(@diana-v-9610hotmail-com)

Posted : 12/27/2016 11:47 am

Honestly, my acne hurts me a lot, and sometimes, I find it hard to have confidence with acne. But the funny thing is, I never judge other people for their acne or flaws. The only person I judge and put down is myself. I always ask myself why is that I can love others for who they are (flaws and all), and I can't do that for myself? Most people don't care that a person is flawed because they themselves are flawed too. No one is perfect. Isn't it better to be happy with acne than to be miserable with acne? If I spend my whole life being miserable, then my life would be a waste. At the end of my life, am I going to tell God that I wasted away my life because of my acne? If I were to say that, I would feel pretty vain and selfish. The world is not about me. I get so caught up in my own problems that I ignore everybody else. I don't realize that I can have an affect on the people around me. I can't do any good if I put up barriers around me. I need to focus on what is important, not on things that will one day go away (beauty fades).

Overall, I guess the thing that comforts me is realizing that acne doesn't define me.

steph93rc liked
MemberMember
(@pete07)

Posted : 12/27/2016 12:22 pm

working out uplifts me. friends, and something I do and I accomplish after makes me a happier person :) 

steph93rc liked
MemberMember
(@nativechub)

Posted : 12/29/2016 12:30 am

I like watching funny videos on youtube :) try it out yourself.  search "funniest vines of 2016" or "treadmill fails" haha whenever im feeling kinda down videos like that uplift me.  Hope that helps :D 

steph93rc liked
MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 12/29/2016 1:39 am

Watching a movie, reading a novel (to shield me from the bitter reality) then I go to sleep (because I know sleeping will help my acne). It is crucial not to look into a mirror or touch your face.
Bottom line: I do something to make me feel good.

steph93rc liked