Notifications
Clear all

Losing Hope on Treating my Acne

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 12/19/2016 3:16 pm

Hello Everyone ,

Im in some need of advice.. I don't even like to leave the house because Im embarrassed for people to see me this way. I never had acne all threw elementary and high school, I had clearer then clear skin.. It showed up at 19 and I'm now 20 and its sticking around. Ive tried many cleansers ( dermalogica , Vivikin , proactive , neutrogena , spectro gel) , the natural way ( through diet and supplements)and birth control. Im now using exposed skin care and changed my birth control and my face is continuing to get worse. 

Heres some history to sum it up. I was on Ortho tri-cyclen lo for 5 years , changed to Marvelon 3 months ago . I was using dermalogica for the 5 years that i was on othro . Then the first derm I went to told me to use neutrogena but it was leaving a weird white film on my face , so I was concerned it was doing me any good. She also prescribed me a topical gel .. TOPICAL gels just aren't worth it to me , they also make my skin hurt and burn. So I thought maybe proactive wouldn't be as harsh as the topical's and it wasn't terrible but I felt like my face was very tight and dry all day. So like everything 2 weeks went by and no progress, another disappointment  , but I then found exposed skin care online and was super excited because the product seemed to have great sucsess. 2 weeks later and my face is worse then its been in my entire life. I am booked to see a closer to home dermatologist tomorrow but Im kinda losing hope. I feel like nothings going to work for me. I haven't taken any antibiotics because the most common response Ive been hearing is the acne returns when the treatment is done.. I really can't handle that . Im already very depressed over this whole thing .
What other options have worked for you? Please share! 

I have attached a recent photo of what my face looks like to give you an idea of what my acne is like ALL the time now!

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

MemberMember
(@amrit-saini)

Posted : 12/20/2016 12:53 am

It will sound foolish but the best way to treat this one is by covering it.

Cover it with a black tape. Use only black.

When you will cover it. That part of skin will be attacked by White blood cells because of absence of Oxygen to that part and those white cells will fight with that acne overnight.

And use only Dove soap for face. And try not to take any drug or apply any cream on your pimple. Keep it dry as much as you can.

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 12/20/2016 8:49 am

I have never heard that before , very interesting. Why do you not recommend taking any antibiotics? Or using any topicals ? That seems to be the one thing everyone recommends. Thank you

MemberMember
(@rikime)

Posted : 12/20/2016 12:40 pm

Hmmm I've never heard anything like the black tape advice before... It sounds like an experiment to me. 

You need to give products more than two weeks to see if they work though, I know it's difficult but patience is key. And honestly, your skin doesn't look that bad at all. 

Use a gentle face wash (check ingredients) and don't overdo the acne prone/oily skin products. Get a good moisturiser to make sure your skin is hydrated. Have you tried BP? Also, I don't like recommending it because it's expensive but Tria's Blu light works really well for me. It had a 90 day free trial, may be worth trying if it still does? Also I love Skinceutical's blemish+age defense - a bit pricy but works like magic - but give it about a month to see full results! 

Don't desperate, this is trial and error, you will find your match! :)

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 12/20/2016 1:47 pm

My skin hasn't ever seen more then one pimple once a month.. this is very extreme to me. I understand that I need to be more pacient , but I'm not a fan of this it gets worse before it gets better.. I'm not a pacient person and it's really discouraging when my face keeps getting worse :( I will look into those products thank you !:)

RikiMe liked
MemberMember
(@lexxymae)

Posted : 12/20/2016 2:06 pm

Hi Fellowyogi. Assuming you practice yoga, I'm sure patience is one of the things you have to consider when mastering an asana. Even the savasana encourages patience on our end 

Acne and skincare requires the same concept. It takes patience and trial and error to master what our skin desperately needs. For me, it took nearly 3 months to start seeing results (I used Acne.org's regimen). It was an incredibly rough 3 months, having to deal with dry patches, inflammation, more acne and bleached towels/shirts lol. Yeah, it sucked, but after 3 months, the acne began to disappear as my skin became accustomed to the BP.

Now I'm going on 8 yrs. without acne. Those measly 3 months of patience ultimately lead to 8 years of gratitude. With enough patience and perseverance, you will clear your skin!

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 12/20/2016 2:56 pm

13 hours ago, Amrit Saini said:

Cover it with a black tape. Use only black.

When you will cover it. That part of skin will be attacked by White blood cells because of absence of Oxygen to that part and those white cells will fight with that acne overnight.

Please dont even think of attempting this quack nonsense. It will only hurt the healing process.

I would seriously suggest trying the acne.org regimen. You should be able to see great results before finishing 1 bottle of Benzoyl peroxide, 1 bottle of cleanser and one bottle of moisturizer. You can watch the instructions here:

MemberMember
(@amrit-saini)

Posted : 12/22/2016 2:59 am

Will damn, i use Medical tape on my pimples and it works like Magic. I don't care if you want to use it but damn!! It works for me okay?

MemberMember
(@rotten-pudge)

Posted : 12/22/2016 4:38 am

1 hour ago, Amrit Saini said:

Will damn, i use Medical tape on my pimples and it works like Magic. I don't care if you want to use it but damn!! It works for me okay?

Is it medical tape or tape that we use at the office?
what are the rules of this treatment?

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 12/22/2016 11:16 am

Yes I would also like to know more information on this tape please and thank you!

MemberMember
(@amrit-saini)

Posted : 12/22/2016 10:06 pm

I have no pimples now. Just some scars only. Thanks to my trick. I use to apply normal home Black tape and it also worked for me but recently i buy a Medical tape (it's white in color and soft) before going to sleep i look into the mirror on my face and if there is a pimple anywhere i apply little tape to cover it properly and when I wake up i remove the tape and mostly the skin is 50% healed and pimple is full gone in 2 days. Tape also make it impossible for me to touching the pimple again and again and that's good. Haha go try it, you will see how good it works in no time.

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 12/23/2016 7:15 am

Very interesting! I would attempt to try it but my skin is super sensitive. I'd be worried it would rip my skin/pimples off and I could have a reaction to the glue that's on the tape . But I'll keep it in mind thank you

MemberMember
(@amrit-saini)

Posted : 12/23/2016 11:18 am

If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 12/23/2016 2:14 pm

16 hours ago, Amrit Saini said:

I have no pimples now. Just some scars only. Thanks to my trick. I use to apply normal home Black tape and it also worked for me but recently i buy a Medical tape (it's white in color and soft)  before going to sleep i look into the mirror on my face and if there is a pimple anywhere i apply little tape to cover it properly and when I wake up i remove the tape and mostly the skin is 50% healed and pimple is full gone in 2 days. Tape also make it impossible for me to touching the pimple again and again and that's good. Haha go try it, you will see how good it works in no time.

There is a distinct difference between ''black tape'' and what i assume you are describing as a hydrocolloid bandage. Please be more precise in your descriptions.
7517_Image.jpg                            sss.jpg   

Please dont use regular tape. Hydrocolloid bandages are fine.

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 12/23/2016 3:01 pm

Where can I purchase these Hydrocolloid bandages?

MemberMember
(@roseypiedrasanta12)

Posted : 12/23/2016 3:06 pm

4 minutes ago, Fellowyogi said:

Where can I purchase these Hydrocolloid bandages?

cvs, rite aid, walgreens or amazon

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 12/23/2016 3:28 pm

Thank you! I live in Canada so unfortunately none of those are in reach other then amazon. Is there any Canadian's out there that have heard of this at shoppers or rexall?