Notifications
Clear all

I'M SO TIRED OF MY SKIN

MemberMember
(@tiredgirl)

Posted : 12/19/2016 1:27 pm

DISCLAIMER: DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR A SOB STORY, PITY PARTY VENTING SESSION!
I'm so exausted. my skin has ruined my life. I have moderate acne that pops up on all parts of my face. it's been worse since the summer of this year and shows no signs of letting up. I've been to multiple doctors with no success. the amount of over the counter products I've unintentionally collected is insane.
about 2 weeks ago I tried Murad's starter kit and my skin is throwing a fit. I've had to stop using it because it's destroyed me. my skin is red all over and dry with scales falling off. I've tried everything to get moisture back in, from humidifiers and gentle cleansers, to moisturizer and vaseline. none of this is helping my breakouts. I followed every instruction on the package. and now my skin is going insane.
I'M SO TIRED OF THIS. I DON'T LIKE BEING AROUND MY FRIENDS ANYMORE. OR SHOWING MY FACE. I BARELY CAN LOOK PEOPLE IN THE EYE ANYMORE. I HATE THIS. I HATE IT, I HATE IT. I'M SO SICK OF FEELING THE NEED TO HIDE MYSELF. I MISS BEING EVEN SLIGHTLY CONFIDENT.
I'M TRYING EVERYTHING AND MY SKIN CANT EVEN HELP ME OUT THIS ONCE. GOD I HATE THIS.
I'm just so sick of this. It's ruining every shred of confidence I have ever had.

MemberMember
(@rikime)

Posted : 12/20/2016 12:49 pm

Don't worry there is a solution! It just takes some time to find it. I know it's annoying.

Bare with me here - I think you should try Pai's rosehip oil. I know I said oil! It works really well on oily skin. It works against spots and balances your skin so it will be less oily. I swear I was afraid too because it is an oil, but I love it now. I put it on 3 nights a week. It's amazing. And of course it moisturises the skin.

I think we (people with acne prone/oily skin) panic and try to get rid of the oil so much that we dry up our skin and as a result our body creates more oil. Only use gentle products - I find that products for sensitive skin work better for me rather than products for oily skin. Beware of products that contain alcohol!

I use Skinceutical's blemish + age defense every morning, it's a little pricy but it works really well.

Best of luck, I hope you find your ideal products soon! Keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@lexxymae)

Posted : 12/20/2016 1:51 pm

1 hour ago, RikiMe said:

I think we (people with acne prone/oily skin) panic and try to get rid of the oil so much that we dry up our skin and as a result our body creates more oil. Only use gentle products - I find that products for sensitive skin work better for me rather than products for oily skin. Beware of products that contain alcohol!

This is absolutely true! Making sure that you're reading the labels of your skincare products is the best thing you can initially do. No alcohol. No mineral oil. Avoid soap or anything alkalinic (above the pH of 7; water is obviously ok), this will only strip your skin of its natural oils and ultimately break down your acid mantle, which is your skin's first line of defense.

I find adding natural, plant-derived oils to my regimen to be one of the best decisions I've ever made in keeping my skin healthy and glowing. Of course, I still use Acne.org's BP to keep acne away, and you should, too!

Have you tried any of Acne.org's products? Acne.org's regimen is what truly helped clear my skin, and I still use some of their products even after 8 years...

RikiMe liked
MemberMember
(@tiredgirl)

Posted : 01/11/2017 11:03 pm

thank you so much guys, I'm definitely going to try the oil you suggested! it's great to hear from some people with the same issues as yourself. :)