Notifications
Clear all

Are these Clogged pores?? Pics included

MemberMember
(@kaceyb)

Posted : 12/15/2016 5:20 pm

Hey so this have been on my face for like 6 months I don't know how they appeared but they forgave why gunk in them I'm really hopeless on what I would do to treat this as I'm only 15 I don't want to statrt usIng renitoid etc could anyone please tell me how I would get rid of these clogged pores?image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@tryingtofindaremedy)

Posted : 12/15/2016 10:45 pm

I know people have probably already told you this, but don't pop them or pick at them!! It will lead to scarring which I have and I'm so self-conscious. Find a nice, gentle, fragrance-free cleanser with low-levels of salicylic or glycolic acids (or both), and a light sunscreen with spf 30. Maybe add in a serum with a little hyaluronic acid if you are looking for a little extra moisture (2-3 pumps for face and neck). Many people also swear by African black soap, which could be another option as well (usually contains pore-clogging coconut and other oils though so patch test first if you do try that for cleansing.) The key is to be more gentle rather than aggressive and abrasive with product. Oh! Also...studies are showing tea tree oil has properties similar to that of benzoyl peroxide but is much gentler to your skin cells over time. So a cleanser containing it may be beneficial as well. Sorry to sort of spew all of this out but hope it helps a little?

MemberMember
(@bubs2)

Posted : 12/16/2016 1:26 am

Yup in the same boat...

MemberMember
(@wrongkitten)

Posted : 12/17/2016 8:28 am

I have these too, picking makes them worse but it's the only thing that gets them to go away! I've had them for around a year I'm 17, starting to think they might be hormone related. Also I would recommend staying away from any harsh exfoliating scrubs as they makethem worse and stick with either a chemical peel that's exfoliating or a foam cleanser:)