Notifications
Clear all

Finally getting clear skin, here's how..

MemberMember
(@byowgc)

Posted : 12/09/2016 5:57 pm

I've been dealing with acne for about 7 years now, I'm 20 years old now and I'm finally seeing results.

I have moderate acne and scar easily. My skin is super sensitive and my pores clog if I look at them wrong. Lately with the cold weather my skin has been very dehydrated, red, and irritated, especially around my nose. I mostly get acne on my cheeks, forehead, jawline, and nose, in that order. If this sounds like your skin, keep reading. If not, this may or may not be for you.

Products:
Medline Hydrating Cleanser
Aqua Glycolic cleanser
Claror/Acne org Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%
Cerave moisturizer (normal to dry)
Blue Lizard Sensitive sunscreen(30spf)
Dead Sea Mud mask
Aquaphor
Baby organic bamboo wash cloths
Acnipearl pills and multivitamins

All purchased on Amazon, except for the Acnipearl pills.

Daily Regimen:

Morning:
Wash with only water, sometimes with a wash cloth by just holding luke warm water on my face for a little bit. I gently pat my face dry and apply moisturizer all over. Lately the skin around my nose has been very red, dry, and irritated. So I apply a little bit of Aquaphor on the dry spots. Then I apply sunscreen, especially on sunny days. It's good to apply everyday just to be safe, especially if you have dark marks.

Night or after work:

Medline cleanser for 10 seconds (much like the acne.org regimen). Gently pat dry. Dry your face first before your hair so you don't get any oils or product from your hair onto your face.

or

Aqua glycolic every few days instead to help with dead skin and to help with dark marks. Follow the directions, except I only leave it on my face for a minute or so.

Apply moisturizer soon to trap moisture, especially if your skin is dehydrated. Apply Aquaphor around nose again

Then, apply 2.5% BP to areas where I get acne most. Some days all over, some days I just spot treat, depending on how dry and irritated my skin is. I apply after moisturizing because of how dehydrated my skin is, applying before your skin dries is important to trap that moisture in.

If a bump is bad I spot treat with the mud mask overnight, and just wash it away for warm water in the morning. Crushed aspirin works pretty well also, but only leave it on for 15 minutes.

Pills:

Been taking this herb called Acnipearl, it seems to help, had all good reviews, but I'm still waiting to be sure I'm getting results. So far so good.

Also take multivitamins and eat foods rich in omega 3 to help inflammation.

Hair and body:

The medline cleanser is also a shampoo and body wash, so I use this head to toe out of fear other products will transfer from hair/hands to face in the shower. Works very well and smells nice, definitely worth buying since it's also cheap and highly rated.

Other tips:

Never touch your face

Wash your pillow cases very often, I don't sleep on the same pillow case twice

Eat less sugar, less carbs, and less greasy junk food

Drink at least a half gallon every day

Always wash hands before applying anything to your face

Use disinfectant wipes on phone, remotes, door knobs, light switches or anything else you touch frequently

I also recently got a humidfier to help with this dry winter air

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to be as detailed as possible. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

MemberMember
(@jenny76)

Posted : 12/26/2016 10:28 am

Thanks for the ideas Byowgc. I managed to get rid of acne, by switching too bamboo bedding, drinking a lot more water and eating less sugar.