Notifications
Clear all

Does this look like purging (pics)?

MemberMember
(@killin_it)

Posted : 12/01/2016 11:57 pm

I started using Curology about 2.5 weeks ago. It is 1% clindamycin, 0.25% zinc and 4% niacinamide. I have attached 2 of the same photos. The one with the circles are the spots that are the biggest. As you can see on the left (day 1) they are under the skin, and now they are surfaced. Also, my chin has already came out a lot and is starting to heal (all those pink spots on my chin are flat/coverable. Does this seem like purging? Has anyone purged on curology? Thanks

IMG_7227.JPG

IMG_7228.JPG

MemberMember
(@holydragon)

Posted : 08/13/2017 4:54 pm

Did you keep using Curology? Was it purging or breaking you out? My son is on the same formula and the same thing is happening?

MemberMember
(@raziel101)

Posted : 08/13/2017 6:25 pm

I don't think purging has a certain look. But acne can get worse at the start of any treatment. Most likely you are purging, but you won't know till 1-2 months after any treatment starts.

MemberMember
(@showstopper474)

Posted : 11/23/2017 2:32 pm

I started using curology for about a week and it was getting worse and worse despite my healthy diet (no gluten, sugar, dairy. I was eating lots of vegetables and drinking lots of water). I ended up stopping because I was previously using tretinoin and stopped in February of this year. I started getting breakouts in October which is when I started Curology. This "purge" looked different from my purge on the tretinoin so I stopped the Curology because I was getting breakouts in places I had never broken out before. Did the Curology formula work for you?