Notifications
Clear all

Cerave broke me out

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 11/22/2016 10:30 pm

This is why I don't use moisturizer. I have clear skin as day. I decided to try cerave PM because I was told by female friend that I have very dry skin, I put a little on my face, next day I wake up with my face all red with reddish pimples all over wtf this never happened to me before with other creams i tried, it most they would give 2 or 3 tiny yellow pimples

what the hell is inside this cerave crap and is expensive too, like $15 for a tiny bottle. I returned it and got my money back

my problem is that my skin is sensitive and in order for me to find what cream works for me, i would have to try them ALL and that is a big waste of money. I cannot even find sample of the most popular moisturizers for acne prone skin, so basically im screwed, the only way im gonna find out what moisturizer wont break me out is by spending at least 100 bucks on several ones

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 11/23/2016 9:22 am

CeraVe is usually good, but for some people it's awful. I've found that it isn't the best for sensitive skin.

I would recommend that you look at products for sensitive skin rather than acne-prone. Products for sensitive skin will generally work for acne-prone skin too because they are mild & non-irritating. However, it doesn't work as well the other way around since products geared towards acne-prone skin tend to be more harsh & targeted towards oily skin rather than dry.If you are sensitive and acne-prone then I would recommend trying Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisturizer for Sensitive skin. I really like it.

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 11/23/2016 4:36 pm

Ironically, one of those hotel travel size moisturizers, which is not even for the face, doesn't cause any irritation or breakouts. I believe I have a slight form of rosacea, which is located next to my nose, that area always had a slight pink tone.

I read on the internet that neutrogena moisturizers also make people break out. I basically need to find sample sizes, so I don't waste money on this quest.

Now my redness has subsided and I woke up to a bunch of white little pimples all over my face lmao I know it will go away, but it sucks that I have to go through this trial and error, is more an allergic reaction than acne

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 11/25/2016 2:59 am

Check out Sanre organics, you can find it at Whole Foods or online. They are amazing and certified organic. Best of luck!!

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 11/27/2016 5:41 am

Cerave moisturizer usually have ceteryl alchol + cereath 20 which is a 4 on comesogenic scale. Maybe thats why you broke out

TheBean liked
MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 12/09/2016 4:54 pm

Which one did you use?