Notifications
Clear all

My acne all of a sudden got worse

MemberMember
(@athousandsplendidsuns)

Posted : 10/26/2016 6:23 pm

So i'm a 20 year old female thats had acne since i was like 13 or when i started my period... It was never bad during my puberty days, i just used to always have it on my forehead and my nose. When i got to sixth form so 16-18 it was just on my forehead and in-between my eyebrows. Now at 20 I've got it on my forehead, my chin and now even my CHEEKS. I've never really had it on my cheeks or on my cheekbones but all of a sudden during mid april/march/may they spots just flared up especially around my chin area my neck and also my cheeks. I don't get it in-between my eye brows cos i went on a diet last year and cut out all bad foods, and now have the occasional chocolate/crisps/oily foods. But i don't understand why its just flared up on my chin and also especially around my mouth... So recently I've been taking some omega 3 supplements and after not using it for a while realising it helps with my chin spots, it's not helping my cheek spots/cheekbones. I used the ceramic slip cleanser by sunday riley for the past 5 months and its done absolutely nothing for me, i use sucocrem for my spots cos I've noticed it helps a lot. I just feel like i've tried to diet, and it doesn't go away, I've tried fancy toners/cleansers/masks it doesn't go away, i've been trying these supplements like the fish oil which has slightly worked but im not too sure and also I've been trying L-Lysine after seeing some health blog. Not really sure if its helping. I don't know , i've gone without makeup for a couple of months but that didn't help either... maybe with the forehead spots but not really. Ehh I don't know if its my hygiene habits - but its not like if i don't clean my make brushes too often its gonna cause ALL the SPOTS on my face to go mad... I try to stay optimistic and its like these spots never go away. I have 3 other brothers and they all have clear skin and so NOTHING to take care of themselves, and here i am watching over everything i eat/drink.... I also drink plenty of water but that doesn't seem to help much. I also lost about 15kg this year so i don't know if its related to that. I just wanna hear peoples opinion, but i don't want any recommendations for some accutane. I've tried the acne.org regime too but it helped get rid of my spots but i naturally have really soft skin and the regime made me shed like mad.. My mum even asked wtf happened to my face so i stopped using it. Any ideas on where i'm going wrong here? I also use the simply sensitive moisturiser. Before i had my massive breakout everywhere i used the bodyshop tea tree cleanser and i had no severe problems using that..

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 10/27/2016 7:28 am

It could be a combination few things. One, the fact that your acne started to worsen around age 18-20 could be due to lifestyle changes - I'm assuming you've transitioned from high school to the next stage in your life? So, it could be the combo of a new location, new stress, a new daily routine, or whatever else based on what is going on in your life now. On top of that, it could be that you aren't treating it effectively and thus it's just getting worse over time. Over the counter, natural & home remedies are great and can be effective, but if you've been trying all these different things and nothing is working then you should definitely get yourself to a dermatologist. Trying a prescription strength medicine could be what works for you! Plus it could save you a lot of time, money and scarring.

MemberMember
(@athousandsplendidsuns)

Posted : 10/27/2016 3:42 pm

Alright, Thanks! I've been contemplating about whether or not to go see a dermatologist and i've just about had it. Thanks for the reply though!