Notifications
Clear all

Persistent Acne all Year

MemberMember
(@uptownmints)

Posted : 09/23/2016 2:20 am

Hi all,

I am 17 years old and am male. For over a year I have persistently been getting acne (shown in picture) around specifically just my mouth and on my chin. I had used benzoyl peroxide medicated face wash for over a month and it has not cleared it up in any way. Is this acne caused by my diet or hormones as I am still a teenager? One of my friends had a similar condition and got medication from their doctor and it cleared up gradually. Could anyone please provide any suggestions as to how I can treat this. I am tired of getting glares from people like they haven't seen someone with acne before.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

IMG_0069.jpg

MemberMember
(@tensidskill)

Posted : 09/23/2016 5:37 am

Hello UptownMints,
I think diet or hormones are probably not the actual cause of acne. These factors just influence the severity because
they affect sebum composition and amount of production. Dairy-free low-carb diets may reduce acne by reducing sebum production, but cannot eliminate it in severe cases. It is highly illogical that natural factors cause acne, as the evolution would have wiped out this disease.

The actual cause are toxic chemicals that people apply to their skin, like tensids. This is a custom that
does not make any sense and is just an example of how the advertisement industry controls the
people's minds. I have to concede, however, that washing with cleansers make physically dependent on
its use, because it destroys the natural microbiome of the skin and makes it upregulate its sebum
production. It takes many weeks without washing until hair and skin normalize and reduce their smell that
is caused by an overpopulation of certain ammonia producing bacteria.
The hair may get a bit more greasy in the transition time. Thus, I recommand that you keep washing
for the next few weeks, but only with water. Note that washing with very hot water quite strips some oils,
which may be pleasant in the first moment, but may impede the normalization of the oil and sebum production.

I recommend that you avoid to apply anything besides water and (sunflower) oil to your skin. I seems to
me that you have no deep nodules or cysts, so your skin should be clear in a matter of weeks. The
complete healing of cysts may take a year.

If you shave, never use cartridge rasors because some contain a stripe with lubricant that can cause
major breakouts. Instead, use such a safety rasor:
Shaving soups should be safe as they probably contain only real soup and no tensids. But I would not trust this
and I doubt that stripping natural oils from the skin is healthy for it. Try to use only warm water and sunflower oil
for shaving, it works well. Do not wipe your face with textiles.

If your skin is sensitive, you may also need to avoid laundry detergents, because they contain
tensids (SLS) and big part of it stays in the laundry. The most critical part is the bed laundry,
additionally, avoid touching your face with contaminated textiles. You can use soft *real* soap
for the laundry. Washing soda is not very effective and was only used in former times because the
fat needed for soap production was very expensive. If you wash by hand, even warm water is sufficient
due to the increased mechanical treatment compared to a washing machine. When washing without
soap, the laundry will attain your natural body scent, which smells good and has nothing to do with
the bad scent of decomposing sweat. Unfortunately, unlike the skin, they laundry does not keep
itself clean on its own and indeed needs to be washed regularly, at least in case of fabrics made out of cotton,
hemp (despite its alleged antimicrobial properties!) and polyester. To decontaminate laundry,
wash it several times in the washing machine without any detergent.

And please stop using stuff like antibiotics and do not go to quacksters who prescribe stuff like roaccutane
that may kill you in the end. If you have many comedones, you can apply Aspirin solutions to the face to
accelerate healing. The salicylic acid is said to dissolve dead skin cells or comedones. But I am
not sure how well this works. Do not mess with honey, it can cause severe fungal infections due to the sugar.

In short, I suggest that you only wash with cold or lukewarm water for let us say four
weeks (ONLY water!) and then decide if you need to decontaminate the bed laundry. You can also
try to sleep in a sleeping bag.

I would be happy to hear how this helped your skin after you followed the advice for some weeks.