Notifications
Clear all

Acne is back again

MemberMember
(@alemessina)

Posted : 09/06/2016 9:45 am

Hi guys/girls
something really sad is happenig again. I been taking spiro about a year and it worked awesome for the first 6 months, and the last 6 months Ive been breaking out for periods, I mean I have 2 weeks clear and then break out again, the curious thing it happens ONLY IN JAWLINE, and it change from left to right. since friday I started to break out again and I consider is the worst of the last 5 times. I must say I never touch my face, I only use dermatological products (approved for my dermatologist) and also I change my pillowcase and towels daily. I stopped eating gluten because it made worst my acne so I eat very well, I exercise 2-3 days per week. The truth is that I dont know what to do, I lost 5 kilos in a year and Im very sad and frustated so please give me advice because it affect specially my feelings.

hbarnard liked
MemberMember
(@skinjourney)

Posted : 09/06/2016 11:26 am

I would honestly say give low dose accutane a try. I went on 0.5mg per kg body weight for 9 months and that is the only thing the helped my acne long term. Don't let your face scar anymore than it has and do something about it quick! Otherwise, you might be regretting and resenting yourself. All in all, I wish you much success in whatever path you choose - btw, I tried every acne remedy imaginable until I just decided to take accutane

MemberMember
(@hbarnard)

Posted : 09/07/2016 11:33 am

Hi there AleMessina! I work with a company that has a highly effective treatment option. If what your dermatologist is not working, you may want to consider looking at other options...which is what is sounds like. Am i correct?

MemberMember
(@alemessina)

Posted : 09/12/2016 12:07 pm

On 6/9/2016 at 11:26 AM, Skinjourney said:

I would honestly say give low dose accutane a try. I went on 0.5mg per kg body weight for 9 months and that is the only thing the helped my acne long term. Don't let your face scar anymore than it has and do something about it quick! Otherwise, you might be regretting and resenting yourself. All in all, I wish you much success in whatever path you choose - btw, I tried every acne remedy imaginable until I just decided to take accutane

Hello skin Journey! sorry for the late reply. Im kinda afraid about accutane, but it seems that it worked for you right? My dermatogist told me not to try accutane (emotional side effects) because I had a long depression phase , btw tell me how was your journey with accutane. Thank you.

On 7/9/2016 at 11:33 AM, hbarnard said:

Hi there AleMessina! I work with a company that has a highly effective treatment option. If what your dermatologist is not working, you may want to consider looking at other options...which is what is sounds like. Am i correct?

Hello hbarnard! Yes! Im looking for options, I would like to know what can you offer to me. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@skinjourney)

Posted : 09/12/2016 9:44 pm

Hey AleMessina , you are very correct to listen to your doctor but would you mind me asking if your long depression phase was because of acne or..? 

My accutane journey had its ups and downs -  I'm also prone to depression - but I took a low dose for a long time (9 months)

In Europe they do not prescribe as high of doses as they do in North America to suppress most of the side effects experienced on accutane. The main issue with recurring acne after accutane is the patient's role in taking the prescription properly without skipping any days and taking with your fattiest meal. 

Rember though, there is no substitute for a doctor, anything we say here is merely advise and anecdotal and should never be taken over a doctors advise. that being said, it would beneficial to mention some things that you think may help your situation and see what the doctor thinks about it. Either way do proper research before committing to something.

If you would like me to go through anything in further detail, please let me known. Acne was about to ruin my life, I wouldn't want it to ruining yours. Wishing you the best and keep smiling !! :D