Notifications
Clear all

Identical twin w/ perfect skin

MemberMember
(@raptor700r)

Posted : 09/04/2016 10:36 pm

First post, finally get fed up dealing with my skin and need more info. I'm 19 years old and I have an identical twin brother. Ive been dealing with , i would say moderate acne for the past three years. My twin had a little to but two years ago, his went away and mine has not. We live our lives nearly the same to. NEarly the same diet, I think i even eat better than him, I exercise regularly, and had a skin care regiment. The part I can not stand is that he doesn't even wash his face and pays no attention to it at all while the acne is destroying me. Has anyone had luck trying to skip everything and not wash your face at all or moisturize?
Also, when I look at his forehead vs mine, mine has clogged pores and he doesnt even look like he has poors. We are identical twins so I thought we would have the same conditions ut I guess not. Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 09/05/2016 4:36 pm

Hey there....yours is a very interesting case being an identical twin with different acne experiences between you and your brother.
I've shared before that my brother and I (not twins and 2 years apart) had the same diet and lifestyle growing up and my brother had no acne while I suffered throughout my teen years, hence my belief in genetic factors being the predominant issue for acne sufferers.
There are plenty of people in the forumsrecommending the 'caveman' regimen whereby you don't wash your face/use any skincare so perhaps that is worth a try for you if that is seemingly the only difference between you and your twin, as genetics are clearly not the only issue for you.
Good luck.