Notifications
Clear all

Abnormal pimple behind ear? (Cyst?)

MemberMember
(@rollercoaster)

Posted : 08/10/2016 2:08 am

Hi I was wondering if someone could help identify the acne behind my ear. I have had these pimples for a long time now and they have not been going away, in fact they just keep coming back or getting worse. One of them just gets really big and feels full of liquid, then it is bloody and just pops, and it is making me concerned

image_zpsugrpzd3u.jpgimage_zpstahrtac0.jpgimage_zpsk5pmtamp.jpgimage_zpsw2p6chxd.jpgimage_zpsss7zrhvj.jpg

MemberMember
(@skrillexxi)

Posted : 08/10/2016 3:16 am

To me this looks like a boil or keloid the last pictures. A boil is simply harmless and the best way to treat is to put a warm compress on it until it drains. does your skin keloid? one full of fluid a could be keloid but I'd have to see it in person or get a better pic to determine. It is nothing harmful to the body but the scar tissue in your skin overreacts to what is happening resulting by keloiding. The over production of scar tissue and is common in certain skin types and races. That's what it looks like to me but it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion. I am an esthetician and see these occasionally on my clients. To treat these I would see a dermatologist or go to a med spa so they can look at it and give you suggestions/treat it. I would leave it alone and don't pop it because it could leave it worse than before, cause permanent scarring or hyper pigmentation. I hope that helped and good luck.

MemberMember
(@rollercoaster)

Posted : 08/10/2016 9:53 am

6 hours ago, Skrillexxi said:

To me this looks like a boil or keloid the last pictures. A boil is simply harmless and the best way to treat is to put a warm compress on it until it drains. does your skin keloid? one full of fluid a could be keloid but I'd have to see it in person or get a better pic to determine. It is nothing harmful to the body but the scar tissue in your skin overreacts to what is happening resulting by keloiding. The over production of scar tissue and is common in certain skin types and races. That's what it looks like to me but it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion. I am an esthetician and see these occasionally on my clients. To treat these I would see a dermatologist or go to a med spa so they can look at it and give you suggestions/treat it. I would leave it alone and don't pop it because it could leave it worse than before, cause permanent scarring or hyper pigmentation. I hope that helped and good luck.

it does seem like it could be a boil, as it is full of mostly pus/blood. do you have any idea what the skin growth in the first two pics (other ear) could be?

MemberMember
(@skrillexxi)

Posted : 08/10/2016 11:27 am

i can't see it too well but to me it looks like a pimple. Does it feel like one to you? Since there is a head on it I would extract it. You can use a sterilized needle and prick the side of it to let that one drain.

MemberMember
(@rollercoaster)

Posted : 08/10/2016 2:39 pm

3 hours ago, Skrillexxi said:

i can't see it too well but to me it looks like a pimple. Does it feel like one to you? Since there is a head on it I would extract it. You can use a sterilized needle and prick the side of it to let that one drain.

alright thanks. it does feel like a small pimple, and maybe there is loose skin. I will leave them both alone a little longer to see if they heal, if not I'll try draining with a hot compress