Notifications
Clear all

White/Translucent Plugs in Pores???

MemberMember
(@euphimia)

Posted : 06/30/2016 2:59 am

Heya. 19, Female, U.S. Ahead of time, I want to thank everyone who takes the time out of their day to read this and reply to this.

So I've been dealing with these white plugs in my pores for as long as I can remember. I wash my face everyday and I exfoliate twice a week to try and prevent it, but it seems to be my fate to deal with this. I've been dealing with two types of acne over the past 8 years, Severe Cystic and "normal" (so they say). My cystic acne has calmed down greatly after cutting dairy out of my diet (almost completely gone, but a few pop up here and there) but normal acne seems to enjoy living on my face. I'm mostly looking for advice on these plugs, and maybe cystic acne scars if you got any (although ANYTHING is appreciated). I've tried every medical over the counter stuff and I cannot (I repeat, CANNOT) afford a dermatologist. I can barely pay my rent... So anything natural is favored.

Again, thank you to anyone who participates in the thread. :)

MemberMember
(@elegantelise)

Posted : 07/01/2016 8:22 am

I, too, struggle with white plugs in the pores around my nose area. So, instead of having black heads, they look like little white dots, right? When I use pore strips, it takes most of the white plugs out, but then I'm left with visible open pores on my nose that inevitably fill with more white plugs in a few days. The unending cycle is frustrating!

Proactiv used to help with this problem, but within the last few years, it seems to be less effective at preventing the white plugs and acne for me. I've tried many natural products over the years, but they did not agree with my skin, and I broke out even more. So, I recently started using Clinique 3 Step System for oily skin (type 4). It's a little pricey, but the bottles are HUGE and last for months. I alternate between using Proactiv and Clinique 3 Step because I'm trying to slowly wean myself off Proactiv. I have noticed that the days I use Clinique 3 step, my pores look dramatically smaller! I've only been alternating between products for a week, but so far it has been successful! If this information doesn't help or apply to you, know you are not alone in your journey!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@bella2338)

Posted : 10/29/2018 5:52 pm

Hi
i just got on this site and I have had these white plugs for 13 years. Thinking it™s acne and hormonal. Nothing gets rid of them but pulling them out. And they are sneaky. The spot last up to 5-6 months. Until u get them all out.  Soooo

I found a site and read and read. It™s yeast/fungus. So I purchased lotrimin and sulfur ointment  plus tea tree ( truSkin) with C, niacinamide, retinol, hyaluronic acid and salicylic acid!  All on Amazon. My face three weeks after starting this new regime is almost clear. The products above help dry out the plugs so you can pull them out.  No digging for them. They dry and rise. I still have one spot I™m working on. Now like I said 13 years and no dr said fungus or yeast.  But now it all makes sense! On vaca I went to the store and bought a vag cream with miconzole.  Also I had nystatin. I got the other over the counter because I wasn™t sure how old the nystatin was.  It seems to be working.

My dr years ago gave me a script for miconazole for my rosacea but later I developed  a underarms odor. I thought it was from hair laser removal.  I tried everything for 10 years!!!  one night I saw the tube and said hmm if this is for ur vag and dr said face too. Try it on your arm pits. Bam. No more odor and I use it twice a month. Mind you prior to the odor situation I never even had to wear deodorant!!!!    Yeast :) so I hope I can help you because my scaring isn™t horrible but I have scarring and it could have been avoided. 

If u have a bump that your pulling out those nasty little plugs maybe this will help you. I sure wish I would have known. Best of luck.