Notifications
Clear all

Please Help

MemberMember
(@latekate48)

Posted : 06/18/2016 2:01 am

I'm 19 and have had acne for at least the past 5 years. It has never been as bad as it is now. I've tried things from the dermatologist which helped for like a week and then did nothing. Now I just use soap and water and hope for the best. I have a pretty clean diet and only drink water. I am willing to try anything at this point because no one I know has these problems and can help. Hopefully the pictures I attached can help if someone has seen acne like this before. None of my Google searches help me find any acne that looks like mine. Please give me any info/help you can on my skin. Thank you!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 06/18/2016 5:48 am

What have you been trying from the dermatologist? Usually treatments need at least 8 - 12 weeks to really know if they are helping or not, unfortunately there are no quick fixes.

What soap are you using? Soap in general is very drying and alkaline which may not be good for acne. I'd recommend a toner after the soap to neutralise the pH or using a different cleanser. It may be a good idea to use some benzoyl peroxide and moisturiser as well if you currently are using nothing for your skin.

Are you on any birth control methods?