Notifications
Clear all

Please help... Lots of small bumps all over cheeks

MemberMember
(@alex20978)

Posted : 05/29/2016 10:02 pm

Hi everyone.

I've never had acne like this before in my life. The random cystic one around my period was normal for me. This past March I tried out OCM. My skin didn't respond well, was getting cysts on my cheeks. 
I stopped, only using water and a tea tree toner. Skin wasn't clearing up. I picked up "gentle" glycolic cleanser beginning of May and all of a sudden my skin FREAKED out. Tiny bumps all over my cheeks.
I got in to see my derm May 20th. He prescribed me 500mg ampicillin 2x a day, Ziana that I'm using every other night, and Trinessa Lo BCP which I haven't started using yet.
I currently use CeraVe hydrating cleanser and then the moisturizing lotion. It has definitely improved in the past week but for some reason I feel like this isn't typical acne. It's right where my "beard" would be if I was a guy and the bumps are so TINY..... 

I would really like to have this cleared up as much as possible by the end of the month and have an appointment with my general doctor June 7th. Does anyone have any advice??? Please help!!! 

Thanks everyone..

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/30/2016 4:26 pm

Your skin is probably very irritated. When our skin experiences trauma, depending on the person, it can take a while to mellow out. If your current regimen is working, give it 3 - 6 months. Try to eat as healthy as possible, do not add any more actives to your routine and as hard as it may be to do, try to not be stressed as stress make acne so much worse.

MemberMember
(@boy123)

Posted : 05/31/2016 5:01 pm

wow nice jawline, keep your head up

MemberMember
(@alex20978)

Posted : 06/05/2016 3:09 pm

MemberMember
(@alex20978)

Posted : 06/05/2016 3:40 pm

It's much better, the redness has gone down, but the pores are still crazy clogged.
i went back to the derm and they diagnosed the tiny bumps as keratosis Pilaris... Gave me a urea cream...... But I feel like it's not right.

my poor cheeks! I am frustrated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@lettyriley)

Posted : 01/29/2019 12:03 am

Did your dermotologist give u a name because i have the same thing and i thought mine was roseaca thoi have not been diagnosed. My face gets flused red and feels hot and with all those bumps