Notifications
Clear all

How can I get rid of closed comedones around my mouth wihtout purging or extraction!? HELP!

MemberMember
(@alexboo)

Posted : 05/15/2016 2:53 pm

I always had great skin growing up and this fall/winter it changed. I turned 21 in March. I've managed to deal with it and after a visit to a esthetician it got better. But out of no where, I got closed comedones around my mouth! It's really bad in certain lighting. I've tried bp but it seems like topical creams don't work. I'm guessing it's a hormone thing? What gets rid of this!? Last week I changed my face cleanser to dessert essence tea tree oil and it's helped my skin but not the bumps around my mouth and jawline. Should I just see a derm? I'm scared cause I don't want to take pills or creams that will make me worse or purge it. I'd rather have this tiny bumps then swollen ones. I'm gonna get my period soon too so maybe that's why? I've never had this. Idk if it's closed comedones or some kind of fungal acne. I know my skin stareted getting bad once i started my job which is at a daycare/preschool. So I'm guessing the germs there don't help. I eat great, change my pillow cases, oil-free makeup, clean my phones, take vitamins....I'm so frustrated!! Should I order a zinc bar that has 2% pyrithione zinc? Or will it purge and get worse? Will this go away! I need advice!!

I also get severe pms symptoms so maybe it is a hormone problem? I wanted to try EPO but I read it could make acne worse.

MemberMember
(@4dawgsinc)

Posted : 05/17/2016 2:58 pm

I have been washing my face with sulfer cleanser I'm the morning and Cetaphil at night. Also I've been taking the antibiotic omnicef and using tazorac over my moisturizer ever night. I've been doing all of this for a month and my face is almost clear!! I had the same issue as you