Notifications
Clear all

Mini-cortisone shot---help, have questions!

MemberMember
(@jhard)

Posted : 03/29/2016 8:02 pm

hello. for the last year i have been BATTLING the worst breakout of my life. In November, I finally sought the help of a dermatologist and by December she had my breakout controlled. What remained was a collection of red marks and texture problems from picking and popping. My derm suggested Laser360, which I did over a week ago. The results are amazing but i did develop a pustule on my upper cheek near nose where I had a clogged pore before laser. (we both knew it was there). That pustule reduced dramatically after a week BUT he created his papule friend right next door. Cut to me frustrated, sad, exhausted that it never ends.

I just saw my dermatologist again for a post-laser revision, and she suggested injecting the pustule with a miniscule amount of cortisone (and other stuff) to reduce the inflammation. I expressed to her my hesitancy based on what i had read from others (indentions, scars, etc) but she assured me that she was using SUCH a small amount that I shouldnt even think twice about developing a dent.

Does anyone know WHY the skin indents and why it doesnt? (and what the probability of it indenting is) I have not been able to find a single coherent explanation of WHY this happens. And if it happens, when? Would I see it in a day? In 5?

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 03/30/2016 1:34 am

I used to get a big cystic spot week in week out but discovered my allergy/intolerance and now can keep my daughters problem away,strange thing like you I presume, the rest of her face when she had a spot remained healthy.
I spent 10 years from 15 to 25 squeezing,putting a needle 1/4 inch inside the spot to get at the pus instead of waiting for it to surface,since 25 and I am nearing my sixties I get a cystic spot every 4 to 5 years, the last three of them I have sliced open with a razor blade and my face never became pitted/scars/dents,
I think with your cortisone shot it must have went straight in the pore where the poison was located and killed the infection leaving your other next door neighbour to flourish.