Notifications
Clear all

Rate The Severity of Your Acne

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 02/29/2016 2:04 am

People tend to exaggerate the severity of their skin condition as we have seen here. So we see people going hysterical over a small pimple or two on an otherwise smooth, blemish-free face. Not saying they aren't entitled to freak out but it's kind of demoralizing to the rest of us who have genuine skin issues.

On a scale of 0 to 5, how would you rate the severity of your acne?

0: Smooth and clear, duh!
1: A few non-inflamed pimples here and there, hardly visible pores, otherwise smooth
2: Less than 5 obvious pimples, some of them pustular and inflammed, a few visible clogged pores, somewhat uneven skin tone, very light pigmentation
3: Obvious pimples either over the face or clustered in a region, some of them pustular and inflamed, less than 2 are cystic. Visible clogged pores, uneven skin tone, pigmentation
4: Basically overtaken by pimples, many of them pustular and inflamed, more than 2 are cystic. Visible blackheads, very uneven skin tone. Dark pigmentation.
5: You know the drill.

MemberMember
(@cjpeters33)

Posted : 02/29/2016 3:47 am

my honest opinion is 3

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 03/01/2016 8:35 pm

I would guess most people here fit into 3 or probably even 2. I don't mean to suggest that people freak out over their own skin condition but terms like 'volcano', 'crater' and 'size of the moon' really give a wrong impression of the severity.