Notifications
Clear all

Severe acne someone please help me

MemberMember
(@spotlessmind)

Posted : 02/23/2016 2:02 am

I am an international student. Since i came to states i've been experiencing severe acne and it's killing me!! I am really starting to give up and want to peel off my face with a knife!! What do i do? How can I get rid of these acne? What is causing them? I never had a clear skin but it was never this bad. I feel horrible 🙁 someone please help me. anyone 🙁 at least is there any way i can get rid of the scars :'(

Screenshot_2016-02-23-01-58-05.png

Screenshot_2016-02-23-01-58-02.png

MemberMember
(@janedoe23)

Posted : 02/23/2016 12:26 pm

I experienced severe acne for 9 years, I tried nearly everything, from antibiotics to topical creams. I found that hormonal imbalances are a major cause of acne in many young adults, acne is usually androgen dependent. I'd recommend you go on a contraceptive pill which blocks the formation of androgen i.e. something with progesterone, for 12 months. Mine cleared up within the first 2 months.

NB: Its better to get a good quality product to avoid side effects.

Another thing to keep in mind is that most students have a high stress level & this affects your general health very adversely. So try to de-stress often & keep calm.
You can also try spraying magnesium oil into your affected skin (it may tingle the first few times) &/or use a facial product with msm in it. I recommend Forever Aloe MSM gel (don't go out in the sun with it on).

i hope this helps <3

MemberMember
(@sunshinexx)

Posted : 02/23/2016 2:44 pm

BIRTH CONTROL PILLS TRUST ME. YOU MIGHT AS WELL AT LEAST DO A TRIAL RUN CAUSE SIDE EFFECTS ARE REALLY NOT BAD IF THERE ARE ANY.
And if you're a student it might even be free.

I've had acne problems since the seventh grade, I'm currently 22, graduated from college. My forehead used to be the problem, and then first yr of college my skin started clearing up randomly and then sophomore yr I was reallyyyyy stressed and my cheeks exploded and looked like yours, and at points i would just stare in the mirror and cry. I had never had this type of acne on my cheeks before. Cheek acne is a lot of times supposed to mean hormonal imbalance while forehead is more an oil issue. Junior year, I roomed with this girl who I'd known in high school and she had had weird bumpy oily skin before in college (which was weird cause it was literally flawless in high school), but when I met up with her first day I moved in her skin was suddenly FLAWLESS again. (didnt realize her makeup was covering up redness on her cheeks, but no bumps no oil now). She told me her sister had told her to try birth control, and she was like "im such an idiot, i dont know why i didnt listen to my sister earlier, if i had i wouldnt even have this redness or scarring, etc."
So I figured why not, (I'd tried everything else before that targets like bacteria or whatever, but never hormonal.). AND OMG THIRD YEAR SINCE AND I AM NEVER GOING OFF OF BIRTH CONTROL. it didnt 100% stop all the acne, but ohmygod its so much better now, i forget how bad it used to be.
Before, I used to get cystic acne on my cheeks every month and those would take a while to go down, so by the time they started getting a little better it would be overtaken by another new batch of pimples and it was just unmanageable, like getting hit by wave after wave. Now its usually not cystic, there will be pimples here and there and im dealing with scarring, but its fairly smooth. With the bumps before, you couldn't even cover it with makeup.

I have also found my holy grail makeup routine, so much so that i very often hear people rave about my complexion. A lot of my close friends also thought I didnt even do any makeup and that I just had naturally perfect skin. I went to vegas with them where they first saw my bare face, which isnt horrid but definitely not perfect and they were all like omg i thought you just had perfect skin i literally had no idea at all, and kept asking which foundation i use. Let me know if you'd like to know more about the makeup i use!

so there, please try birth control, i really wish id tried it earlier.