Notifications
Clear all

Help please

MemberMember
(@mcgregorwins123)

Posted : 02/05/2016 12:47 am

Not gonna make this crazy long but basically in 8th grade I suffered from bad acne was treated with doxycycline and it worked well. 10th grade rolled around and my acne was disguising ting and kind of ruined my year. I went on accutane and it was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. I was very clear with an occasional zit here and there and was prescribed epiduo for any other zits that came along. now in my freshman year of college I experienced some pretty rough breakouts. Not horrible rather mild but every zit I get will stay for at least a week and then end up scarring sometimes up to months at a time. I've tried changing my diet around completely and drinking lots of water and hot lemon water in the morning which all seems to work a bit until I just breakout again. I desire to not have to worry about these things and live my life confidently with clear skin. I don't know if I should go back on accutane or not because I know it's for severe cases I was there at one point in my life. Unsure of what to do so any suggestions help just feeling a bit helpless.

MemberMember
(@alaya)

Posted : 02/10/2016 4:33 am

Hi, 

Im no expert to give advise but i can relate to the feeling of hopelessness that the acne seems to rule our lives! 

When the acne is bad, maybe a course of antibiotics and epiduo will help before thinking about accutane. What country are you from? Is cost a big factor? Have you tried a vegetarian diet?

I have been on several courses of antibiotics that did very little except the last time i was given a different kind which had stopped my acne which was moderately severe on my back and neck as well as my face and chest. There is medical hope and it usually delivers however the cause of the suffering with acne is more to do with our mind and our society which places too much importance on appearance. One thing I'm sure of is that whatever is going on now, it will slowly but surely pass and change. Both your appearance and your perception will also change. So i guess, my advise is, try some antibiotics and cream and don't let the experience of having acne ever come close to taking another year of your life! Life is too precious :)