Notifications
Clear all

Keratosis Pilaris on the Face?

MemberMember
(@kltramont)

Posted : 02/03/2016 7:53 pm

Could these red bumps on my forehead be keratosis Pilaris? I also have them on my temple area. I've had pretty perfect skin before this, and they've only popped up in maybe the past 2-3 months. They also occasionally itch. 

(I also know that I have KP on the back of both of my arms).image.thumb.jpeg.bd52e0d429362e7f21e1c91image.thumb.jpeg.51d92fe2e105891b0690fafimage.thumb.jpeg.f829a481c64ee651313b888

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 04/01/2017 6:02 pm

im bumping this thread: Im on accutane for an issue pictured above its very similar almost identical....yet accutane isn't really working. I keep forming the same bumps after 6 months of 60 mg the whole time... does anyone know what this is/how to treat it if accutane didnt even work? Now i just have a ton more scars and bumps still there :( 

MemberMember
(@noel2000)

Posted : 06/02/2018 6:54 pm

HELP!!
I just finished my 2nd course of accutane a month ago and these little bumps just started to appear on my forehead. What do I do??

MemberMember
(@sleeka)

Posted : 06/04/2018 1:44 am

I'm not sure what it is but i've had small stubborn bumps like that on my forehead since my acne began years ago. The only way i've found to reduce them is after I got out of the steamy shower i gently popped them (even tho they dont recommend it)and then i would use a cream from the dr with benzol peroxide to dry em out n the next day or so i start exfoliating with Aveeno positively radiant 60 sec in shower facial to help prevent them from coming back. i think exfoliation is key..for me, at least...i exfoliate a couple times a week

MemberMember
(@jjaytwow)

Posted : 06/05/2018 3:09 am

On 2/3/2016 at 7:53 PM, kltramont said:

Could these red bumps on my forehead be keratosis Pilaris? I also have them on my temple area. I've had pretty perfect skin before this, and they've only popped up in maybe the past 2-3 months. They also occasionally itch.

(I also know that I have KP on the back of both of my arms).

This could be KP. I've had worsening KP as I;ve gotten older, and I have no idea what causes it in some areas more than others but it definitely fluctuates. The humidity doesn't seem to change it. For me personally, I cant exfoliate my face, anything beyond literally just "hovering" my hand over my face with Dan's Cleanser and patting my face dry could cause an outbreak. I honestly do not know what to do with KP, and don't have much advice, just know that it is an issue for I believe 50% of the population.

MemberMember
(@mountainsbaby13)

Posted : 06/06/2018 10:53 am

When I was in university for nutritional sciences I remember learning that KP can be caused by a Vitamin A deficiency.. could be possible??