Notifications
Clear all

Picked at a pimple that wasn't ready to be popped

MemberMember
(@rmt123)

Posted : 01/30/2016 2:51 pm

So I've been on acne medication for a couple months now and my skin has been pretty clear lately, so yesterday when I felt a pimple on my cheek start to form, I kind of panicked. It was red and had started off small and barely noticeable at the beginning of the day, only to grow larger and more sensitive by the night. I could feel the pus underneath the surface of my skin and attempted to pop it to alleviate some of the gunk under there, but nothing came out. I kept trying for a few minutes and panicked even more when it became really red and the skin around it turned red as well. This morning I wake up and it's even redder and sore and extremely noticeable. I don't know if I should just leave it alone at this point because I already messed with it, or try to get the pus out of it because I can feel it closer to the surface today. I'm pissed because it's the only blemish on my entire face and it's bothering the hell out of me. Someone give me a suggestion please!!

MemberMember
(@annie72402)

Posted : 01/31/2016 5:57 am

Try salycilic acid 20%. Will dry it out. Now that you picked it, almost certainly will leave a mark so try melalite for it