Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars

MemberMember
(@svm)

Posted : 01/12/2016 3:16 am

I have had been in a life long struggle with my acne. It seems hereditary. I have undergone two courses of isotrenoin, each of 7 months and the most recent one ended last April. After that for scars, I bought Artistry balancing cleanser, balancing toner and refinishing lotion. And have been using it since June. Suddenly i had been quite irregular with that and my face reacted to it quite badly. I keep getting one or two breakouts daily and these leave red marks and also I have many rolling scars and terrible hyperpigmentation due to acne from almost 7-8 years. I tried using rose water last week and also used fullers earth thrice a week, last week. Fullers earth (multani mitti) made my skin extremely dry which is even more irritating.Everything is making the situation worse for me. Also I am against any surgeries for removal of scars. Any advice for me!

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/12/2016 10:40 am

7 hours ago, SVM said:

I have had been in a life long struggle with my acne. It seems hereditary. I have undergone two courses of isotrenoin, each of 7 months and the most recent one ended last April. After that for scars, I bought Artistry balancing cleanser, balancing toner and refinishing lotion. And have been using it since June. Suddenly i had been quite irregular with that and my face reacted to it quite badly. I keep getting one or two breakouts daily and these leave red marks and also I have many rolling scars and terrible hyperpigmentation due to acne from almost 7-8 years. I tried using rose water last week and also used fullers earth thrice a week, last week. Fullers earth (multani mitti) made my skin extremely dry which is even more irritating.Everything is making the situation worse for me. Also I am against any surgeries for removal of scars. Any advice for me!

I used multani mitti too and my face was soo dry too, it looked like it was cracking and flaky in one. Right now I have minor hyper pigmentation (red marks and acne scars). For hyper pigmentation and scars - I use a skin therapy bundle that contains LED lights for acne and scars.(like laser, but not painful), it's on vanity planet.(It's very pricey, but they are on sale right now so I quickly grabbed mine) For the rolling scars, why not try a derma roller? You don't have to go to the dermatologist, Just order one off amazon or something.

Also for the scars and the hyper pigmentation, Vitamin C and Vitamin E moisturizers/serums/ and oils work. Just make sure the vitamin E oil is 100%.