Notifications
Clear all

How can I get rid of my acne?

MemberMember
(@kornical)

Posted : 12/27/2015 12:46 pm

Okay so I'm 15 and ever since I turned 14 my face broke out like crazy (due to hormones). Since I was 11 I've had some acne, sometimes worse than other times, but my skin cleared up when I was 13. Pretty much over night, my skin on my cheeks and jaw line got very painful pimples all over and my skin was extremely red and itchy. It spread to my neck, then temples and forehead. I changed absolutely nothing in my skincare routine, including diet. I eat no dairy because whenever I eat dairy I break out even more. I don't know what to do, nothing is working. I use clindimacina phosphate every night on my face (it's from my dermatologist with a prescription) and I take antibiotics, but it doesn't make much of a difference. I also use the gentlest soap I could find and I don't exfoliate my skin with a scrub. I should also mention I have very dry, sensitive skin, so harsh products like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic  acid don't work on me. I don't know what to do, I don't even know where to start because my acne occurred so suddenly. Please help!!!! (I also have a picture of my skin on my right cheek which is where the acne originated.)image.thumb.jpeg.f6b8bcb7ed967f980a8c291

MemberMember
(@retta)

Posted : 04/21/2017 11:25 am

I had that, try changing laundry detergent I may be allergic to your pillow and benedryl helped my itching

MemberMember
(@wehrlebird21)

Posted : 04/21/2017 9:04 pm

Not to be negative, but at your age acne is tough to control, your hormones are crazy, both boys and girls. around your age my acne was probably the worst it ever was just because of all the changes going on in your body, as weird as that sounds. You could always try the regimen, It has worked for me for over a year although I am 22 now. I know you said you have very dry sensitive skin but you may just need to find a good moisturizer for your skin. As for other factors since you said it was so sudden, Id definitely check to make sure you arent having an allergic reaction to something as Retta said. If you have any other questions id love to help you out, Ive had years of experience with acne and acne products.