Notifications
Clear all

getting rid of closed comedones!!

MemberMember
(@aaaaaabbb)

Posted : 12/25/2015 8:40 pm

hello! im happy to say that i found something that actually works for closed comedones. i used to have those all over my forehead and it made me feel like shit, and i know that no method works for all the skin types but im so happy with this results i wanted to share them.

i started to using Avene Triacneal last week (less than a week ago!) and omg. I had never used chemical exfoliation before, just mechanical exfoliation, which i think didnt doanything good to my skin. But this stuff contains glycolic acid (i think, if its not that then its salicylic acid) and retinol; so its kind ofharsh on most skin types. I dont have much experience with it but i have combination skin and my cheeks were just fine until some days ago i applied Triacneal to them and the next day i had red dry patches (they are healing now) whereas i have a very oily forehead (with all my clogged pores) and it worked perfectly on it.

the only thing that you should really be careful about is not applying it throughout the day (its photosensitive), to start applying sunscreen if you didnt,and the thing i find most important is that as it is a very harsh product (at least for me, i have very sensitive skin) if it makes your skin kind of red after some days of using it in a row pleeeaseee make the uses more distant. If you use it every night and it irritates your skin id recommend using once every two nights and if that irritates your skin too use it once every three nights. (im now using it once every two nights)

also: if you arent using any moisturizer id recommend using some because this may make your skin a bit dry

this is helping me getting rid of my closed comedones so fastly!!! i could see results so fastly too and ive only used it for a week and my comedones are so small you cant almost see them

my "routine" now (i guess) is:

-morning:

.wash face with Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleanser

.apply La Roche Possays Effaclair K

.apply sunscreen (use one thats non comedogenic and for acne prone skin!)

-Night:

.wash face with Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleanser

.(once every two nights) apply Avene Triacneal

.applyLa Roche Possays Effaclair K

hope this helps!