Notifications
Clear all

Can you tell me what this is?

MemberMember
(@ilovepersiancats)

Posted : 12/16/2015 3:42 pm

Hi everyone, sorry for the upside down photo! I don't know how to get the photo right side up. I need help figuring out what is going on with my skin. I started getting these mysterious red bumps around my eyes. This all started around Thanksgiving Day when I woke up with a red, bump on the tender area underneath my right eye. Now these bumps are on my eyelids, underneath my eyes, around my eyes and even on the bridge of my nose. They look like red, mini pimples but I don't believe they are pimples. My skin is normally pretty clear. I usually get 1-4 pimples a month but I literally can't figure out what's going on with my eyes and skin around it. Any help would be appreciated as I am severely depressed and need to get to the bottom of what's going on.

I haven't changed my skin care routine or make up routine. I am wondering if this is some sort of allergic reaction to my makeup wipes that I only use on my eyes or from crystal cat litter (I just started using a new cat litter made from silicon crystals). I recently as of yesterday got new clay cat litter and also threw away my make up wipes. 

I have about 16-20 of these surrounding my eyes. Some of them aren't visible because they are on my actual eye lids. Most of these bumps came to be between Sunday and last night. I seem to notice new bumps when I wake up in the morning. This morning I woke up to 4 new ones. I'm so frustrated. 

Please help me! I am desperate. 

New Image.JPG

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 12/16/2015 4:44 pm

It almost looks like periocular dermatitis (the same thing as perioral dermatitis, just around the eyes) OR it could be an allergic reaction. Try taking a benadryl for a few days at night time since it can make you drowsy. If nothing happens, then I would suggest trying hydrocortisone cream on these bumps. Are they getting dry or itchy?

MemberMember
(@ilovepersiancats)

Posted : 12/17/2015 3:48 pm

Thanks for the reply! I woke up this morning with no new ones. Thank goodness! They aren't dry or itchy but they are very painful when I try to squeeze them and nothing comes out. I will look into periocular dermatitis and discuss this with my dermatologist.