Notifications
Clear all

Help! Giving up on differin?

MemberMember
(@jamesf1427)

Posted : 12/13/2015 8:48 pm

Its been 11 weeks of hell since i started adapalene for my moderare acne.  My acne now covers my entire face and i get multiple pimples that are inflammed everyday. My skin is now extremely bumpy and every pore is clogged. I thought differin was supposed to unclog pores?  This stuff has really ruined my life and my skin is so damaged now!  All ive been doing is using it at night after rinsing my face with warm water. I use a pea sized amount.   What do i do now? Should i fill my doxy script and stop touching my skin? Should i go back to benzle peroxide?  I have to wait  2 months to see a dermatologist .  If i could right now i would go on accutane but since i have 2 months before i can, maybe i can fix this  disaster?  Do i comtinue with differin?   Its been 11 weeks and my skin has huge pores and acne on top of acne. I never never never had acne even close to this bad.  Now its the first thing people notice.  

Please look at my pics and tell me what to do. 

1450057657413-503673130.jpg

MemberMember
(@mohammedhazara)

Posted : 12/13/2015 10:58 pm

takes 4 months for improvements bro

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 12/14/2015 4:19 am

Woooo you look exactly like me right now, I just updated my log at 2 weeks now, I really hope the universe decidesto stop doing this to our skin soon.

Holy shit though the rest of your skin bar the areas affected by acne look amazingly clear! Basically I have that all over my face, inner cheeks, chin, top lip.

Do you find it irritates your skin, maybe move up to a stronger retinoid like retin a?

As for the doxy script, I myself hate taking antibiotics but I'm taking them right now for this so called IB-which-might-not-be-an-IB and they help a little to calm down my face during this period.

To be honest 11 weeks you should have noticed mild improvement, but it is possible that it will take longer. I know it sucks right because you actually have no freaking clue if you're wasting your time or not, right?!

MemberMember
(@fiercepenguin)

Posted : 12/14/2015 9:05 am

Hi! I have never used Differin so my post may or may not be helpfulbut I did use Retin-A for about the same amount of time as you and had a similarthing happen. I was getting huge clusters of acne and cystic acne way more severe than it was when I started. Myderm had said it takes about 12 weeks to see an improvement, so I stuck with it for that long even though it was really difficult. As soon as I gave up and stopped using it, I saw an immediate improvement. I have had no cystic acne since then, except forthe odd deeppimple that I get here and there and they are alwaysmuch less severe than while I was using Retin-A. I later consulted another derm at a different appointment about half a year after I stopped, who said it can take up to 6 months to improve using a retinoid, but itshouldn't be making it worse in the meantime (although I've read lots of anecdotal evidence on this board that says that it can).Patience might pay off even though it doesn't seem like it, so if you feel like you can stick it out for another 3 months at least you'll know you gave it the old college try. But if you are really desperate I might look into another treatment. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@jamesf1427)

Posted : 12/14/2015 2:11 pm

Its weird because I never never never get any pimples in my T zone, but do everywhere else. I think I am going to start the doxy now at week 11 on differin. I just hope when i stop it , i can gradually stop taking it without any breakouts.