Notifications
Clear all

So what to eat/drink if everything cause acne?

MemberMember
(@erniuss)

Posted : 12/13/2015 6:11 am

Hello , as im new im not sure if im in correct thread but well.. I started to do research like what i eating daily like meat,steak and etc and i seen some of them cause acne, even like cup of coffe in morning can cause acne... So how come what should i eat or drink then.... everything cause acne.. Like literally i get out of my all junk food but now seems i cant even eat normal food..

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/13/2015 7:49 am

It may not be the foods themselves but your body's reaction to them. Look into gut issues, detoxification, etc. you may just need to push the restart button.

Luna878 liked
MemberMember
(@luna878)

Posted : 12/13/2015 8:25 pm

I totally understand your predicament. At one point I felt like I had to avoid nearly all my dietary staples to not get acne, because it seems like you can name a food and someone SOMEWHERE claims they get acne from it. Pfft.

The foods that may contribute to causing gut imbalances and inflammation for you are different than for other people. This is why so many different "acne diets" are out there that claim they work.

Instead Ifind it super helpful to just keep a simple food journal and note down any reactions/discomfort I experience after eating (usually 2-4 hours later, sometimes immediately). I also note down how I felt in general at the end of the day.

By the way, from my research I haven't found any credible evidence that meat causes acne. I'm not against vegetarians or vegans at all, but I think it should be a personal/ethical choice, not based on anecdotal health claims. If someone has studies that state otherwise I'm all ears.

If you want some "no-brainer" foods that have evidence behind them to cause breakouts, I would avoid glutinous grains, excess processed sugar, and dairy products. Hope thishelps clarify things a bit!

MemberMember
(@mohammedhazara)

Posted : 12/13/2015 10:58 pm

Eat what you want bro. Diet doesnt do nothing for acne unless its dairy or you are intolerant