Notifications
Clear all

SKINCARE PRODUCTS WITH FRAGANCE (PARFUM)

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/12/2015 11:50 am

7 hours ago, chrt_mvc said:

Do you guys think It might be an allergic reaction ? .... I just saw this ( http://belinspired.blogspot.ca/2015/01/kate-somerville-oil-free-moisturizer.html ) and she pretty much had what I have now

Maybe, did you incorporate something new in your regimen? She used Shiseido!! Shiseido is soooooo amazing!! But so pricey.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/12/2015 1:04 pm

1 hour ago, oyinkan98 said:

Maybe, did you incorporate something new in your regimen? She used Shiseido!! Shiseido is soooooo amazing!! But so pricey.

Nop , I got them since I started to use skincare products

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/12/2015 3:55 pm

2 hours ago, chrt_mvc said:

Nop , I got them since I started to use skincare products

Water Only method it is!! Wait, I'm saying did you get them after you used the last product you added in your routine?

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/12/2015 7:30 pm

3 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:

Water Only method it is!! Wait, I'm saying did you get them after you used the last product you added in your routine?

No, they've been there for a long time now. They don't get worse or better but they do look more red sometimes

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/12/2015 7:31 pm

Just now, chrt_mvc said:

No, they've been there for a long time now. They don't get worse or better but they do look more red sometimes

Oh I get it! I'm just gonna stick with my first option. Aloe vera. As this is too mild for accutane and what not.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/12/2015 9:57 pm

2 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:

Oh I get it! I'm just gonna stick with my first option. Aloe vera. As this is too mild for accutane and what not.

And yea I did change 3 things to my skincare . I added a toner ( the nivea one I told you) , changedmoisturizer and I started to exfoliate ...But I had the red bumps even before that

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/12/2015 11:11 pm

1 hour ago, chrt_mvc said:

And yea I did change 3 things to my skincare . I added a toner ( the nivea one I told you) , changedmoisturizer and I started to exfoliate ...But I had the red bumps even before that

Last option, go to the dermatologist

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/12/2015 11:32 pm

19 minutes ago, oyinkan98 said:

Last option, go to the dermatologist

I don't trust Dermatologists. All they do it give me topical creams that doesn't work and they won't give me pills or accutane because they say it's not severe 

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/12/2015 11:50 pm

18 minutes ago, chrt_mvc said:

I don't trust Dermatologists. All they do it give me topical creams that doesn't work and they won't give me pills or accutane because they say it's not severe 

Welp, Benzoyl Peroxide it is then lol

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/13/2015 1:40 am

1 hour ago, oyinkan98 said:

Welp, Benzoyl Peroxide it is then lol

I've done some research about ''skin purging'' that Chloe was talking about and it's so confusing because some people say it's a myth (if you use a product and it makes you breakout , it's because of the product) and not because all of the bad stuff is coming into the surface .....and then you have people who say that your skin should get worse before it gets better O_O

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/13/2015 3:35 am

1 hour ago, chrt_mvc said:

I've done some research about ''skin purging'' that Chloe was talking about and it's so confusing because some people say it's a myth (if you use a product and it makes you breakout , it's because of the product) and not because all of the bad stuff is coming into the surface .....and then you have people who say that your skin should get worse before it gets better O_O

I use the acne.org regimen right now and yeah it's actually true. It makes the skin purge and it get's worse before it gets better. 20th of December will mark my 3rd month using this and there's been some up and downs but I don't regret it one bit. My skin did purge because of the bp and got flaky, it wasnt pretty though but the need is what matters. . All I have right now is a minor pimple just 1 and asides from that I'm clear and my makeup goes on well :) You can try the BP if you're not allergic, Chloe's allergic 🙂

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/13/2015 4:23 am

56 minutes ago, oyinkan98 said:

I use the acne.org regimen right now and yeah it's actually true. It makes the skin purge and it get's worse before it gets better. 20th of December will mark my 3rd month using this and there's been some up and downs but I don't regret it one bit. My skin did purge because of the bp and got flaky, it wasnt pretty though but the need is what matters. . All I have right now is a minor pimple just 1 and asides from that I'm clear and my makeup goes on well :) You can try the BP if you're not allergic, Chloe's allergic :)

Yea , I'll try BP if the ''water only'' regimen doesn't work
I have 3 guesses
1- I have an allergic reaction 
2- I have pretty bad acne :(:|
3- I have papulopustular rosacea :( 

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/13/2015 4:32 am

8 minutes ago, chrt_mvc said:

Yea , I'll try BP if the ''water only'' regimen doesn't work
I have 3 guesses
1- I have an allergic reaction 
2- I have pretty bad acne :(
3- I have papulopustular rosacea :( 

No you don't have bad acne lol I think number 3 is right! Or may be number 1 has to do with something you eat but don't know.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/13/2015 3:29 pm

10 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:

No you don't have bad acne lol I think number 3 is right! Or may be number 1 has to do with something you eat but don't know.

I think I'm safe to use my cleanser xD ( http://reviews.neutrogena.com/1210-en_us/6887295/neutrogena-com-ultra-gentle-daily-cleanser-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=submissionTime&dir=asc ) '' Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser was formulated with a hypoallergenic fragrance that is free of known skin allergens and irritating essential oils. This cleanser has been clinically proven gentle for cleansing sensitive skin, including skin with acne, eczema, rosacea and atopic dermatitis ''

I think I know now what made the bumps look more red . it's the Neutrogena Naturals Acne Cream cleanser. That thing has fragrance and menthol. I used it only 1 day tho

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)
MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/14/2015 11:22 pm

26 minutes ago, oyinkan98 said:

Yup, that's aloe vera.

I'd take the 2nd one. It has good reviews.

Yup , I'm lucky that's the one available at my local drug store  & yes , It does have great reviews on amazon too
Thank you! :) 

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/14/2015 11:28 pm

5 minutes ago, chrt_mvc said:

Yup , I'm lucky that's the one available at my local drug store  & yes , It does have great reviews on amazon too
Thank you! :) 

Hope it helps 🙂

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/15/2015 12:26 am

16 minutes ago, Chloe123 said:

Aloe Vera gel only works at its purest form. The gel you find at stores even if it says "100%" is NOT 100% and it doesn't even contain 25% of the minerals aloe Vera does. Buying the plant and using it is the best. And even using pure aloe Vera, it has to be freshly cut and it does not last more than I believe 5 days in the fridge. Aloe Vera actually contains salycic acid and I was told that the salycic acid is completely lost after a week. That is why a majority of people on this site say that aloe Vera has had no impact on their scars etc. you can read the reviews yourself. Don't waste your money on the ones in stores, aloe Vera in its purest form is the only way you'll get results!! This is found in your local health food store, any flower shops, or even if you find an aloe Vera plant in someone's garden you can rip the root of one of the stems and grow it in your own garden. 

Actually I have aloe vera 99% that's in a tube which works fine :) and she's not buying aloe vera, she's buying a product for rosacea.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/15/2015 1:45 am

25 minutes ago, Chloe123 said:

No, I am talking about pure aloe vera for rosacea because it does work! Yes the ones in the tube can 'work' because aloe Vera is a strong plant, however even if it works you are only getting 25% of the minerals of the aloe Vera.

in general though, aloe Vera is great for rosacea and its better than Sulfur which is the main ingredient in the products you have stated. But everyone's skin is different.

What products have I stated? lol. And yes, everyone's skin is diff.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/16/2015 12:55 am

On 15/12/2015 0048, Chloe123 said:

Aloe Vera gel only works at its purest form. The gel you find at stores even if it says "100%" is NOT 100% and it doesn't even contain 25% of the minerals aloe Vera does. Buying the plant and using it is the best. And even using pure aloe Vera, it has to be freshly cut and it does not last more than I believe 5 days in the fridge. Aloe Vera actually contains salycic acid and I was told that the salycic acid is completely lost after a week. That is why a majority of people on this site say that aloe Vera has had no impact on their scars etc. you can read the reviews yourself. Don't waste your money on the ones in stores, aloe Vera in its purest form is the only way you'll get results!! This is found in your local health food store, any flower shops, or even if you find an aloe Vera plant in someone's garden you can rip the root of one of the stems and grow it in your own garden. 

I'm not using it for scars tho...I just saw it was in the product. I don't know what Aloe Vera does...calms redness and irritated skin? Isn't pure Aloe Vera too harsh for my skin ? ...I have EXTREME sensitive skin , anything can trigger it :( 

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/16/2015 9:29 pm

18 hours ago, Chloe123 said:

Yes, i have rosacea too and the aloe vera calms it when i have a bad flare. Everything i put on my skin thats meant for rosacea makes it worse. It is not too harsh for your skin, unless its those gel ones you find in the store. Try googling it, you will find hundreds of articles about aloe vera being used for rosacea, acne and irritated skin. it must be pure or else it will NOT work for rosacea. May work for acne or whatever, but NOT rosacea.

there's no ''pure aloe vera'' products? .... Do you really need to grow the plant o_o?

MemberMember
(@mrl27)

Posted : 12/16/2015 10:15 pm

Try Aveeno moisturizing bar. Its soap free and fragrance free. Well it still has a smell to it but its natural. It actually helped clear my skin

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/16/2015 11:32 pm

2 hours ago, chrt_mvc said:

there's no ''pure aloe vera'' products? .... Do you really need to grow the plant o_o?

I've seen some 100% aloe vera products.

MemberMember
(@kelly-jones)

Posted : 12/17/2015 5:27 am

Get a filtered shower head!!!! You will be amazed how your water is damaging your skin and hair. A filter will filter chemicals making your hard water softer. Trust me, I have tried everything before I started washing my body with only filtered water. Wash your face with combinations of honey, lemon, and coconut oil. Thayers Witch Hazel (No Alcohol) as toner. Use aloe Vera gel as moisturizer. Tea tree oil is great too. Best of wishes.