Notifications
Clear all

Need Help with Regimen!

MemberMember
(@atom-singh)

Posted : 12/05/2015 4:05 am

Hello!
Much admiration!

Without wasting time I will jump to my acne journey so far so that I could receive your precious piece of advise and knowledge.

Effortlessly I always had a very beautiful  and spotless skin untill I hit 26th year!
At 26 my face got lots of acne mainly cystic  with very ugly scars which were of all varieties from  normal scars to ice pix scras and rolling ones too!
For the first time I went to  a Dermatologist and that too an amazing one in Nadiad, Gujrat! I was prescribed the following:

Benzoyal Peroxide 2.5
Clindamycin (Actreat Gel)
Azithromycin (Only 3 tabs)
Ethiglo face wash (Ethinext pharma)
Emolene cream (If I feel it dry)
Ginette 35 ( 1  pack  as it was Adult acne)

And just after three days the inflamation of cystic horrible acne was gone and after a month my face was clear again much to my delight I thought I got my good days back! But I was wrong!
After 4 months I started having acne again (Though this time not as horrible as they were first time plus now they appeared in cycles like one acne on cheek bone followed by one on chin the other day and then on another cheek  as if making a circle on my face and they never appeared on the same time or together ! In short I started getting 3 to 5 acne per week but still it was not as bad as compared to the ugly scars that were too obstinate to fade! Even if one fades another one is left and it goes on!

I started using my divine face  wash again (Ethiglo face wash) and it controlled the problem to an extent! I googled out the anatomy of acne along with researched various discussions by inties at  various blogs  from Imbb to acne.org, acne mantra to dermatologica, paula's choice  etc and shortlisted few key ingredients  that could be of help to me and they were

Retinol
Aha Bha
Vit c
Hyaluronic acid
Kozic Acid

My research journey passed through Kaya Ducray Cetaphil Cera Ve Aveeno Philosophy Aloeveda Loreal Olay Vichy Retino A Strea a  Yugard Fabindia and few more! After Reading in between the lines I started searching for the products meant for me at first I tried Ahaglo  but it did not help me much! Then I went for Cutishine face wash (2% Glycolic 2% Salicylic) and it controlled my acne to a great extent and scars too! Now I have 1 or 2 acne per week! but still I feel the texture of my skin is not good its not soft and smooth to touch! There are scars too and I feel people whohave more acne and scars  than me their skin looks okay tahn mine! may be teh rough textur eis teh culprit!
I am 28 now, and my forehead skin carries a shrink kind of look though its only visible  to my myopic and hypermyopic eyes :(:) Dont have any wrinkles but rough texture is my major concern and acne scars too! And now I  get tiny pimples I would rather call tehm closed Comedones! Which when infected become big not very big like cystic ones earlier :) I conclude my present skin condition as ---

1 Lot of closed pores specially on chin  as if hair folicle becomes pimple, though I dont touch it.
2 My skin is oily in summers but combination to dry in winters but yet I feel its not well hydrated though I drink 10 glass of water daily.
3 Lot of dead skin cells which make me feel under the skin bumps sort of thing specially on chin and cheeks
4.. Open pores
5 Moderate scars that look as if  its a blemish  specially over open pores
6 Still I get 1 or 2 acne on cheeks or chin (I feel I dont mind 1 or 2 acne  taht much if the rest of teh issues are sorted)

Today I got Ponds age miracle day and night cream from amazon let see how it works! But after ordering it I realized i should not have (As it targets wrinkles not a acne or scar specific product) but still as I have it now and its expensive too I will try it coz it has retinol aha bha both!  

Could you please help me creating a skin care regime which will make my skin acne and scar free and improves texture! I quite liked Ehinext pharma and ethicare remedies so would be happy if my regimen consist of tehir products, I have used three of their products (Ethiglo cutishine actreat) but have heard good about their all products!What I ahve planne dis as under, please corect it add  to it or make it forme..I shall be really thankful! Wont mind if you suggest some other product from brands other than ethicare remedies Much love!

Face wash--Ethiglo face wash (Ethinext) CLEANESING I love this face wash have not tried Glomed yet
Hyalugel (Ethicare Hyaluronic acid gel) Moisturizer (Will it be suffiecient? If not what if I mix it with aloe veda aloe vera gel or patanjali gel)
Sebogel (eTHicare salicylic and nicotinamide gel) Acne treatment At night
Kozimax  or Facemed gel (Ethicare or Kozilite lotion ethicare)  Scar Treatment (isn't it too much I mean 5% Kozic acid? Facemed is for wrinkles or Scars? It has vit c so it shall help too! What if I only use sebogel that may help me with acne and scars both! No?)

Suggest me some othe roptions too if you think they are better tahn Ethicare

I dont want to go for taking Hormones I am unmarried and when I took it  earlier I had very bd mood swings though it helped my skin immensely! Right now I am taking Omega 3 supplements for general health as I am under weight!

Will it be okay!
 (Which one is better for acne prones Uvmed or suncote)
If it does not respond  to my acne and scars I will try retino a at night and hyaluronic acid gel in the morning with UVmed sunscreen

What do you opine, will it work for me?

I will look forward to have your comments!

MemberMember
(@samsung11)

Posted : 12/13/2015 8:44 am

So what you need to do it start the acne .org it takes time , it took me about 4/5 months but im totaly clear. Its not easy , you may get breakouts and you may feel tingling pain but its normal and dry skin , very dry .

1/2 PUMPS OF THE CLEANSER

2 PUMPS OF BP ( work your way up slowly its a very important step )

1or 2 PUMPS OF MOISTURIZER ( recommend 1/2 for the first 3 months or until dryness has cooled down then maybe 1 pump )

Then after 3 months start using AHA that replaces the evening moisturizer only .