Notifications
Clear all

Bemtonite Clay Mask, acne getting worse?

MemberMember
(@cwop)

Posted : 11/26/2015 2:06 pm

so I've used the bemtonite clay mask 3 days in a row and I love the way it feels and what not but I've noticed that I've kinda started to break out, some people say it's from the mask bringing impurities to the surface, some say you can't purge unless it's an "active" and I'm most likely breaking out. I use jojoba oil after so it's not like my skin is dry or anything. is this a good thing that I'm seeing some new pimples and how long should I continue daily use before everything is sucked up and the existing pimples go away? did anyone else experience a "purging" phase while using the bemtonite clay mask with ACV and tea tree oil?

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/26/2015 2:19 pm

I don't think it's for everyday use

MemberMember
(@cwop)

Posted : 11/26/2015 2:26 pm

I don't think it is either but some say to use it everyday for the first 2 weeks to purge acne, does this sound right to you? my skin isn't red or irritated, in fact it looks pretty good besides the couple new spots I'm getting. I wouldn't mind if it means it's just ringing up impurities and saving me from them popping up later but I don't want to be breaking out for no reason

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/26/2015 2:46 pm

17 minutes ago, CWop said:

I don't think it is either but some say to use it everyday for the first 2 weeks to purge acne, does this sound right to you? my skin isn't red or irritated, in fact it looks pretty good besides the couple new spots I'm getting. I wouldn't mind if it means it's just ringing up impurities and saving me from them popping up later but I don't want to be breaking out for no reason

I didn't use with ACV or tea tree oil but I used a similar clay and I though I was the only one, I've gotten 3 new spots, and I only used it once. I'm going to have to stop, I've been through enough purging. And I think it took me a step backwards on the regimen, my face wasn't flaky before using it, now its flakey all over again.