Notifications
Clear all

SUPER HELP/ADVICE NEEDED

MemberMember
(@eminem670)

Posted : 11/21/2015 2:27 am

so basically, ive been struggling with acne since i graduated high school, the spring of my senior year. up to that point, i really had clear skin, ofc occasional pimples here and there. but that spring really did a number on me. its been about 3 years since i started breaking out, i used to only get one pimple at a time and it was never on my cheeks. it would be in random places like on my eyebrow or chin. but now, i cant go a week without a pimple on the cheek, its beyond embarrasing to say the least and also frustrating. ive been to a dermatologist and was given some sulfur wash, clyndamacine gel and tretinoin. ive honestly been going insane for the past few months because id always compare my skin to how it looked months ago and i feel like its getting worse. I use neutrogenas 3 in 1 exfoliating scrub with salystic acid, clean and clear salystic acid, the gel and mosturizer. i know it isnt good to be putting all these on my face but im honestly freaking out and doing things unconsciously. i was thinking about getting a chemical peel, everyone can say "dont let acne ruin your life" as much as they want but i honestly avoid leaving my house as much as possible. i dont take advantage of school events, i dont even like going outside to hang out and stuff because my face is just horrible to me. its a major confidence killer, i honestly stopped trying alot of things such as applying to internships because id feel too embarrased to even make it to an interview. i know thats super bad, but you have no idea what chokehold acne has on me, and its been like this for the past 3 years but only gets worse. im 20 years old now and i honestly cant even move forward in life JUST because of my acne and i know people will call me stupid for that but if you were placed in my mindset and see things how i see it, youd understand. any suggestions here? in terms of what i should do to clear my face, i dont even know what even works on my face, ive just been pouring anything i can find on it and hope for the best. my best bet right now is that chemical peel

Photo Nov 21, 1 51 23 AM.jpg

Photo Nov 21, 1 53 19 AM.jpg

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 11/21/2015 3:41 pm

Dont worry you're not alone in this struggle. 

Acne is a real pain. I lost my studies, my social life, my confidence and everything. I found a way to "control" it but I still get big red bumps sometimes and I totally freak out about them. And now I suffer from chronic urticaria. I get like 10/20 hives daily on my face. What I want to say is not only acne but every skin desease can ruin our life.

Your acne is not bad (honestly). I think the acne.org regimen would help you. It helped me get 100% clear but I couldnt tolerate it bcz my skin is so sensitive. 

Hope you get better! 

MemberMember
(@eminem670)

Posted : 11/21/2015 8:49 pm

4 hours ago, Porswis said:

Dont worry you're not alone in this struggle. 

Acne is a real pain. I lost my studies, my social life, my confidence and everything. I found a way to "control" it but I still get big red bumps sometimes and I totally freak out about them. And now I suffer from chronic urticaria. I get like 10/20 hives daily on my face. What I want to say is not only acne but every skin desease can ruin our life.

Your acne is not bad (honestly). I think the acne.org regimen would help you. It helped me get 100% clear but I couldnt tolerate it bcz my skin is so sensitive. 

Hope you get better! 

yeah, im seriously in a whole new level of depression, or a chain of depression because all my friends are grown up, acne free, with jobs, and i feel like i cant accelerate in life because of my acne. i honestly became obssessed with looking at peoples skin to compare mine with. i feel so gross when i get food and the slightest piece touches my face. I hate being under sunlight because i feel like the sun would damage my skin and plus make scars more visible. Acne really is a serious condition, atleast psychologically. Im just so glad i found this forum where i can speak about EVERYTHING that i would never speak about. Thank you so much, you just replying honestly makes me feel like im not speaking to myself, in my mind anymore. As far as the whole psychological aspect of things, i need to learn how to cope with it because i swear to you, ive been really screwed up in my mind just because acne made me hate everything. and i get what youre saying about the skin diseases. I honestly wish you and anyone else suffering from the mental breakdowns from these conditions, it really isnt a joke and its insane how something so small can ruin every aspect of your life. I honestly like talking things through, about just being depressed and talking to people who admit that they feel the same way, just so im not alone or crazy so thank you so much for reaching out.

as far as treatments, ive recently been back on sulfacetamide cleaners from my derm

clindamycin phosphate topical gel, tretenoin and cetaphil moisturizer with SPF.

My skin was pretty okay last year, i occassionally took Doxycycline pills, sulfacetamide cleaners and clindamycin as well as the mosturizer. 

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 11/22/2015 3:47 pm

Dear Im trully sorry to know whatyoure going trought. It really makes me sad to know people experience severe depression bcz of skin issues. Because Im the same and its difficult.

I have one advice for you. Try to seek help for your depression. This is really important. I myself didnt do anything about it and now I pay for it. My depression is so severe to the point I lost any joy to life.I even tried to put an end to myself. I trully regret to have not have kicked myself to get some help. All I wanted is to cure my acne and nothing else. Now Im to much obsessed to even accept this. I think all day about my skin.

Dont worry this website is the perfect place to be able to express our feelings! Itseriously helped me alot! So Im glad that you're feeling better by expressing it.

I never tried sulfacetamides but if it worked for you in the past then is a good option!

Just be carefull with antibiotics, they tend to work less in longtime. And then it can destroy your good bacterias on your body wich makesyour acne worse in the long run.

MemberMember
(@eminem670)

Posted : 11/22/2015 4:53 pm

1 hour ago, Porswis said:

Dear Im trully sorry to know whatyoure going trought. It really makes me sad to know people experience severe depression bcz of skin issues. Because Im the same and its difficult.

I have one advice for you. Try to seek help for your depression. This is really important. I myself didnt do anything about it and now I pay for it. My depression is so severe to the point I lost any joy to life.I even tried to put an end to myself. I trully regret to have not have kicked myself to get some help. All I wanted is to cure my acne and nothing else. Now Im to much obsessed to even accept this. I think all day about my skin.

Dont worry this website is the perfect place to be able to express our feelings! Itseriously helped me alot! So Im glad that you're feeling better by expressing it.

I never tried sulfacetamides but if it worked for you in the past then is a good option!

Just be carefull with antibiotics, they tend to work less in longtime. And then it can destroy your good bacterias on your body wich makesyour acne worse in the long run.

Yeah I don't take the antibiotic pills anymore. And I'm so sorry to hear about your depression. If you need anyone to talk to, about anything really just message me! I'm super friendly and love helping people out of their depression and it also helps me forget about mine

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 11/23/2015 4:06 am

Thank you for the kindness. It helps to know I can talk about my problems without judgement. 

The same goes for you. If you any worries you can msg me. I would be glad to help you :)