Notifications
Clear all

Washing Regime

MemberMember
(@azfiri)

Posted : 11/11/2015 9:22 pm

Hi there, I am new to this so I have no idea where to ask a question.
I am nearly 19 years old, and only after I graduated from school, I suffered from acne all over my forehead. I still have some scarring left although I have been doing to a dermatologist. Once a month I do a chemical peel and the LED light therapy. My scars have reduced however I still get a new pimple everyday, but now they are more on my cheeks. I suffer from very dry skin, even though I drink so much water! I never used to wear make up but now I have to, because I am scared people will judge me. I think the makeup is causing some of my acne although I am not too sure. I use the products the dermatologist recommends, I have been using Vitamin A serum for about 3-4 months now and it still makes me break out. The acne may have to do with me gaining so much weight, I work out pretty much every day although my dietary habits still need a bit of a change. Everyday I used to eat junk food at night but I am honestly trying my best to stop that, it is not so easy though haha!

Anyways, the big question is about my cleansing habits. 
Morning; Neutrogena Organic Cleanser, then I use my dermatoligist zinc mosituriser and serum.
Afternoon (ONLY WHEN I WEAR MAKE UP): Ph balanced makeup cleanser, apple cider vinegar toner (to remove all the makeup), then a moisturiser.
Night: Dermaskin Moisture Positive Cleanser with vitamin-a serum and eye cream. 

I would like some feedback and how I can improve my regime :)
Thanks so much for reading. Attached is a photo of my skin, it may not look so bad but it is because my camera needs to beautify everything, in real life it is very noticeable  !2015-11-12_13.13.15.thumb.jpg.49567a137a2015-11-12_13.13.02.thumb.jpg.9f51527ca8

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/12/2015 7:12 am

Hmm.. If I was you, I'd replace the serums for BP or another acne topical.

All people really need is a good facewash, I don't even use moisturizer, but I feel a gentle topical would really help you out! Your skin looks pretty good by the way, very even in texture and consistancy. A small amount of spot treated-topical every night would help

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 11/12/2015 12:29 pm

It could be the fact you're using so many products. If it's not working then why keep using it? Honestly your acne is not bad at all. I got a slight break out from using this natural facial cleanser that worked great for a week but then started drying out my face which resulted to acne. So I decided to ditch the products and started just using cold water in the morning then cold water at night with a wash cloth. It cleared my acne that I got from using the cleanser. It's simple, get rid of dead skin that I had building up, and it's free! I just gently rub the wash cloth on my face a few times and I'm done. It's really been working for me right now. It's what my sisters do as well, one of them actually just uses water and she has really nice skin no matter what she eats! Try it out for a few days and see how it goes! At first I used my 100% cotton white t shirts. I put them in the washer with no soap first just in case. I also don't use moisturizer.

If if you really want to step your game up, drink green tea, loads of water, carrots, spinach (vitamin A) and brocolli. Watch the carbs too.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/12/2015 2:13 pm

Why are you doing something to your face in the afternoon? I think you are using too many products which irritates it.