Notifications
Clear all

Not moisturizing skin?

MemberMember
(@freshbliss)

Posted : 10/17/2015 7:32 pm

I used to use a moisturizer every night and morning, but then I stopped moisturizing at night. A few weeks later, I started moisturizing at night again and I broke out badly. I kept at it for a week, and it was just getting worse. Then I stopped, and my skin cleared up. After a month of washing my face twice a day, toning with acv, and moisturizing in the morning with spf, my skin has been quite clear. Then a few days ago my skin had a sudden breakout! There are a few factors to why I'm breaking out. But should I start to moisturize my face at night again? Or keep doing what I'm doing? Thanks xx

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 10/17/2015 8:48 pm

My two cents, and my best guess...

I don't think it's the moisturizer that broke you out as acne is crazily and wildly dependent on many factors (often not just one). If you mentioned that a month worth of washing toning and moisturizing has kept your face clear, then it shouldn't be the primary cause of your outbreak a few days ago (again, I'm not a dermatologist so don't take my advice too seriously). I have experienced exactly what you're going through...a new regimen that seems to keep my face clear then suddenly wreaks havoc. I'm skeptical that it was one of the products in my usage so like I said above, acne is just wild...it could be our diet or even something unbalanced deep internally.

MemberMember
(@maddysaddy1111)

Posted : 10/19/2015 12:57 am

my skin is

Not moisturizing skin?