Notifications
Clear all

Lush, Buyer Beware- Acne Kits Best Way To Go (Neutragena's Or Acne Org's)

MemberMember
(@capitalamigo)

Posted : 09/30/2015 11:31 am

Hi,

Please do not use Lush products on your face. I never had "bad" skin, still my skin isn't that "bad", however; my skin was far better with out lush in my life. I started using lush last year, and everything seemed to be going great; I was using mask of magnaminty, the seaweed mask, rosewater/ tea tree spray for about 9 months, while I was on my bc while away at school. When I ran out of these products I experienced a very bad break out. Within the 9 months I noticed more black heads on my face than usual, but I didn't make the correlation between lush and my clogged pores. When I finally stopped my birth control my face became extremely irritated. Still faithful in lush, I went back this summer and asked them to help with my irritated skin. Their suggestion? Use the coal scrub, some products with beeswax in it (the most calming out of all of their products/ the only thing you need if you still sware by lush), rosewater and a some cream with avocado in it, i think its called ezymion or something like that. I walked out spending 100$ optomistic, almost cocky that all this crap would work. My journey wth acne only began then lol. The scub irritates the crap out your face, I actually read that oil and scubs should not be mixed together. Anyway, stopped using that within the week, and went into hiding during the summer. I tried ponds, some neutrgena products, (I will explain more at the end), aveeno, just water, the caveman regimen, and even went to a derm; None of this workerd. What does work is my old reliable neutragena acne solutions kit (which I used some time back/ pre lush).

MemberMember
(@karolina95)

Posted : 10/11/2016 1:05 am

I would have to agree with the lush products ... this is what i wrote on a different post before my experience with lush products .... 

Ive been using lush products for about 2 months now. At first i was only buying the bath bombs and bubble bars for bath time. But then some how i got to buy a mask it was called mask of magnimity. When i used it the first time my not so big acne became ok. My spots became a nicer color and there was no more redness where there was a pimple. So i used it more often. And then later i bought a fresh mask because more acne showed up on my face. Then tried the ultraband cleanser and now i bought the herbalism cleanser since they said herbalims cleanser helps with acne too. Well im planning on stopping with all the face treatments with them. I have a feeling that i broke up because of their products. My mom even realized that and told me to stop using them. Maybe they are doing their job cause the nasty stuff is coming out of the face but my face got worse then it was before. :( im stopping with the lush products and going back to my acne free kit products. That really helped my skin.