Notifications
Clear all

Extremely Sensitive Skin

MemberMember
(@caacee)

Posted : 09/26/2015 11:56 pm

Hello,

I have really sensitive skin. Its so sensitive I actually can't use any types of face washes or face masks/packs or else I'll break out. I can only really use Dove soap or just water on my face. If anyone else is experiencing this same thing I would love to hear how you're dealing with it!

Recently I've been getting large pimples under the skin around my chin area, surrounded by one or two small 'baby' pimples. It hurts a lot and it can get very itchy! I don't know how to fix this since face washes and stuff make my skin worse!

Usually I try to pop them (even if they're not fully ready, I'm very impatient) then I rub them with rubbing alcohol, wash them with water and then put a layer of polysporin on top in hopes that it wont scar.

If anyone can offer any type of advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 09/27/2015 7:03 am

I have very sensitive skin as well.

Just don't ever pop them! Seriously. Just leave them and put a dab of concealer on it. The alcohol and polysporin is probably not very good for your skin if it's that sensitive. I recommend cetaphil face wash. It's gentle and non-foaming. It works well for my skin

MemberMember
(@caacee)

Posted : 09/27/2015 2:32 pm

I have very sensitive skin as well.

Just don't ever pop them! Seriously. Just leave them and put a dab of concealer on it. The alcohol and polysporin is probably not very good for your skin if it's that sensitive. I recommend cetaphil face wash. It's gentle and non-foaming. It works well for my skin

I actually bought cetaphil at the beginning of the month (the bar) and it made me break out. But I was also wearing foundation every weekday this month as well, so that may have also contributed to my acne.

As for the polysporin, I figured it would help since its claims to prevent infection, minimize scarring, and speed healing.