Notifications
Clear all

How Bad Is My Acne? 🙁 (My Self Esteerm Is Ruined)

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 09/18/2015 1:40 am

How bad is my acne really? Will i be ever get rid of it?

I hate myself. I am repulsed just by looking at myself in the mirror. My acne got worse.. from a single pimple, i now have a lot of cheek and forehead hyperpigmentation, inflamed pimples and huge pores. I will never find someone. |::(

PhotoGrid_1442912595691.jpg

PhotoGrid_1442912527955.jpg

PhotoGrid_1442912634335.jpg

MemberMember
(@kitp)

Posted : 09/18/2015 3:53 am

I think you're being WAY to hard on yourself! I know it's difficult to see the positives but honestly, if I had skin like yours I would be over the moon! Try not to get too stressed out as this can make acne worse and maybe look into dietary changes as a starting point to help your skin. Best of luck :)

poopoo2 liked
MemberMember
(@smallpox)

Posted : 09/18/2015 3:59 am

If I could give you one piece of advice it would be not to pick or pop them, one pimple turned into like 20 for me by doing that.

poopoo2 liked
MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 09/18/2015 5:44 am

You look great! Honestly :) I know we always see the worst in ourselves, but I think the regimine or general topicals will really sort you out :)

Tiny bit of concealer and you look perfect! I'm a guy and I put a dab of concealer on any tiny marks I have -- there's no shame in it :)

KitP and poopoo2 liked
MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 09/18/2015 8:32 am

I think you're being WAY to hard on yourself! I know it's difficult to see the positives but honestly, if I had skin like yours I would be over the moon! Try not to get too stressed out as this can make acne worse and maybe look into dietary changes as a starting point to help your skin. Best of luck :)

What's your diet consists of? Believe me its much worse in person huhu i really want to get rid of it so badly... everyone's teasing me about it.

You look great! Honestly :) I know we always see the worst in ourselves, but I think the regimine or general topicals will really sort you out :)

Tiny bit of concealer and you look perfect! I'm a guy and I put a dab of concealer on any tiny marks I have -- there's no shame in it :)

What makeup brand do you use? Some brands really give me bad breakouts so im dying to know!!! Hahahaha and whats your skincare routine?

MemberMember
(@kitp)

Posted : 09/18/2015 4:14 pm

What's your diet consists of? Believe me its much worse in person huhu i really want to get rid of it so badly... everyone's teasing me about it.

What makeup brand do you use? Some brands really give me bad breakouts so im dying to know!!! Hahahaha and whats your skincare routine?

I follow a very strict diet as I have a chronic illness which is far stricter than a usual acne diet. I don't eat or drink: caffeine, meat, dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, alcohol, any other drink other than water. I don't think you need to do anything that drastic! But cutting out dairy produce can help skin sometimes :)

As far as make up goes try to buy make up that is non-comodegenic (non-pore clogging) and oil free. I use Jane Iredale products but they can be quite pricey but Bare Minerals is also quite good and is a little cheaper (though still a bit more than high street brand make up). I am sure there are cheaper alternatives if you do a bit of searching.

The other thing that has taken me up to now to realise is the harsher the face washes I put on my face, the worse my acne gets. I now use Cetaphil face wash (which is about £6 in the UK) and follow with a Dermalogica moisturiser. I'm using such gentle products as I am on a course of accutane. I have read loads of accounts where the acne.org regimen has worked for them though and if my skin wasn't so bad I would have definitely tried it :)

My skin has also started looking better since I started exercising. I swim every other day and I don't know if it's the blood-flow to the skin or the stress relief but it's working for me. Xx

poopoo2 liked
MemberMember
(@420blaze)

Posted : 09/18/2015 5:19 pm

Dude you have like perfect skin. That's not even "acne". That's more like 1 or 2 zits here and there. Most of us here have REAL acne, not the odd pimple. You look fine! You're beautiful and amazing and you have the right to know that!

MemberMember
(@eliteli9)

Posted : 09/18/2015 6:20 pm

OMG I'm an 18 year old college guy and your acne is not that bad :) Trust me I get it way worst than that sometimes but then it goes away competely and I promise yours will too just give it time, but it doesnt look that bad at all

How bad is my acne really? Will i be ever get rid of it?

I hate myself. I am repulsed just by looking at myself in the mirror. My acne got worse.. from a single pimple, i now have a lot of cheek and forehead hyperpigmentation, inflamed pimples and huge pores. I will never find someone. :(

attachicon.gifPhotoGrid_1442557941982.jpg

poopoo2 liked
MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 09/18/2015 6:40 pm

My routine is cetaphil face wash and... Yep thats it haha! I've just come off of accutane, mind, but that's all I used and will continue to use.

I use a brand of concealer called Witch Concealer Stick. It's infused with witch hazel to help minor minor spots while it covers them up. I wouldn't say it's helped clear my spots, but it definately covers up. It only comes in one shade as of right now though, so I guess I'm lucky it kinda matches mine.

poopoo2 liked
MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/18/2015 7:27 pm

thats so mild I wouldn't even notice it

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 09/18/2015 10:23 pm

Dude you have like perfect skin. That's not even "acne". That's more like 1 or 2 zits here and there. Most of us here have REAL acne, not the odd pimple. You look fine! You're beautiful and amazing and you have the right to know that!

I promise you i dont. :( i have 5 huge zits atm and all my hyperpigmentation are dark, my nose, and cheeks have noticeably large pores and blackheads and my face is really oily. I shouldve probably taken it with a better lighting but i do have real acne, believe and i just feel so down :(

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/19/2015 12:02 am

I promise you i dont. :( i have 5 huge zits atm and all my hyperpigmentation are dark, my nose, and cheeks have noticeably large pores and blackheads and my face is really oily. I shouldve probably taken it with a better lighting but i do have real acne, believe and i just feel so down :(

Really...

2962f39a7cd5c07f1dc6ccd66c6e1a87.png

b7b6b5e1d7857f112dd124589d181d4d.png

trust me, you have it good.