Notifications
Clear all

Acne Makes Me Feel Trapped, Help!

MemberMember
(@riz97)

Posted : 09/12/2015 7:52 am

I have had bad skin for about 2 years (since my dad passed away) due to stress, but recently it has got out hand and caused me even more anxiety. I never pick at spots but they just keep on appearing and my face gets redder and redder. I don't know what to do or who to talk to about how I'm feeling, I feel so trapped and ashamed that I have to wear a full face of foundation when i go out (and even then my skin still looks bad). I actually try to avoid mirrors now. I used to be outgoing but now I avoid going out and facing people. I don't know what to do, please help! I have been taking oral clindamycin for a few months but have noticed no change.

post-489633-0-63469700-1442061966.png

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/12/2015 4:18 pm

I am sorry for the trauma you went through. It honestly sucks. Stress is one of the hardest things to control, especially in our modern day society. Antibiotics sometimes lose their efficacy so talk to your doc about including a topical or two. Also, you don't want to be using antibiotics long term. You could also try diet changes (paleo) , exercising, seeking out a counselor, yoga, whatever it takes to take control of your stress. The regimen from this site worked well for me till it stopped so that's an option too. Stay positive and know that you are not alone in this struggle.