Notifications
Clear all

Should I Go To Another Dermatologist?

MemberMember
(@tonygreenz)

Posted : 08/22/2015 9:33 pm

Good day, I'm tony, 18 years old and from the Philippines. I started having a problem in acne way back when i was 15 years old that i started to break out in my left and right cheeks, i have consulted a dermatologist and has given me creams and a tea tree oil soap which has been effective but the price of these are too expensive that i have to stop. My face became free of acne for a while but then i would have the occasional breakout and then the skin will just improve on itself.

Several months ago, i started to break out again and then i've consulted another dermatologist, the dermatologist has given me a soap, a clindamycin solution toner and 3 creams which is one for the morning and two for the night. I've used them religously but it seems that these products don't work in my skin. I've tried to add ice and now the skin seems to be responding well but it doesn't stop my acne at all.commonly, For every two to three days, i would gain a new acne anywhere on my face and i would only stop it from forming a pus by applying ice on it. And if i break out, then i'd use this salicylic acid solution which is around 10%, apply it with a cotton swab on my pimples.

I need help, because i've already gain a lot of scars on my left and right cheeks, the creams and toner that my dermatologist have given doesn't seem to work, the only way for me to stop my acne from forming a pus is to use ice cubes on my face and salicylic acid, but this doesn't solve my acne at all. Should i consult another dermatologist or should i continue using the ice and salicylic acid along with the prescription that my old dermatologist has given me? What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/22/2015 11:28 pm

What are the creams exactly? How long have you been using them?

You need to give these products time to work man. Also, how severe is your acne?