Notifications
Clear all

Please Help! I Have Severe Acne And I'm Starting To Become Depressed...

MemberMember
(@cbj44)

Posted : 08/13/2015 10:50 pm

Hello, I am 17 years old and I have been dealing with severe cystic acne since the beginning of high school. I believe I get daily breakouts mainly around my cheeks and temples. The more I breakout the more depressed I become. I am too embarrassed to do anything I would like to do. For example I have been planning to go out with this girl but I am too embarrassed and ashamed to because my cheeks are just covered in acne, I am also embarrassed of being seen like this around my friends and family, well I am just scared to be seen in public. When I am around my friends or family I know they try to ignore my acne but I do see them stare at it sometimes which kind of makes me feel hurt... http://imgur.com/Clsrz8a That is a picture of my acne, but the quality is really bad to just imagine a lot more acne and much darker and redder spots. I wash my face everyday and everynight but still no improvement. I am currently trying apple cider on my face but I don't know if I am using it correctly. My brother put it in a spray so I just spray it on my face wait a few mins then rinse off. I would have also liked to try egg white mask but I got this response why it wouldn't work, "No, it won't help. There's really no reason why it will help. The proteins in the egg will form a film over the skin making it feel tight as it dries...that's about all." Another thing I forgot to add is that I have sensitive skin and I prefer home remedies or products I can buy, but I will go to a derm if it's the only thing I can do.

Sorry for the long post I am just really desperate for help!

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 08/13/2015 11:37 pm

Okay firstly, everyone can empathise with your situation here. Your are still very young and this will only be a slight setback if you be productive and face this head on. Secondly there are many options advailable to you. I would highly recommend taking a look at the regime and following the processes that have been provided, take a look and see if this will suit you. Also you could go to a dermatologist; and depending on the severity (from what you have explained may be moderate to severe) they will prescribe accutane/isotretion. These are very effective treatments for you however these treatments may have reactions for different people. Lastly, I am telling you now, home remedies such as egg white will not work, don't waste your time; look at what works and what doesn't and make a decision for yourself and what your comfortable with.

Also don't be afraid to ask your parents for help with a dermatologist, and treatment info; you just need to make the first step. There is nothing wrong with facing problems like this head on; in fact it will make you stronger and more confident in yourself, you will see.

All the best.

MemberMember
(@lenny198)

Posted : 08/14/2015 12:05 am

Your acne is not that bad. I am a girl and have the same acne as you. Just go and see your doctor before it gets wrost I am on doxycycline and retin a its been helping a lot. Your only 17 so just go see a doctor before you become more depress I know acne sucks I have acne since I was 13 and now I am 20 and I had clear skin a year ago from retin a and doxycycline but I started wearing make up and ruined it. As you said you wanted to go out with this girl I think it shouldn't matter to her if you have acne or not. In the pass I liked guys who had acne when I had clear skin

MemberMember
(@formula1975)

Posted : 08/14/2015 6:44 am

For a long term fix it would be best to see your doctor but as a quick fix/home treatment I would strongly recommend a egg white mask. Separate the egg yolk from the whites and whisk in a bowl. Apply to your whole face and layer tissue paper on top then wait for it to dry, don't get impatient and take it off too soon. The first time it is a bit odd as you can barely move your lips but trust me it works! When it's dry peel the tissue paper off and you can normally see blackheads and white heads on the actual tissue paper! Wash your face and repeat weekly. Good luck!