Notifications
Clear all

Skin Mask?

MemberMember
(@loudcloudy)

Posted : 07/28/2015 12:30 am

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a mask for mild acne...?

Have heard of natural masks like honey & egg whites being used. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thx :)

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/28/2015 10:59 am

Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream.

Use as a mask.

Leave on for 30 minutes, wash off. Continue.

Good luck!

WadeX

MemberMember
(@dittus)

Posted : 07/30/2015 1:26 pm

the only thing that I'm sure about is acne specific products haven't worked for my mild acne, because they work on the principle that your skin is oily. they dry me out and cause more acne than before. i stopped using any medicated acne product and my skin cleared up 99% in 2 months.

so anyway, pretty much anything with raw honey. you can add stuff according to your skin type. it's important to use raw/unprocessed honey, i like manuka.

if you want to invest more time and effort you can buy clays and muds (in powder form) and mix them with aloe and other things to create a paste mask.

make sure you wash your face with water (and take off makeup if you wear any) and pat dry before applying ANY mask.

Some DIY options:

- all skin types: pure raw honey - leave it on for 10-60minutes & wash off with warm water

- dry skin, dry combo skin: honey + aloe vera

- sensitive, irritated, combo skin: oatmeal (you can add honey if you want to) - let the oatmeal cool down before applying, leave on for 20-30min

- oily skin (i haven't tried this, cause i'm allergic to eggs): apply egg white (no yolk), let dry completely and wash off

Products you can buy, that are not completely loaded with unpronounceable stuff (some of them are $$$ but they last long):

- Sibu seabuckthorn purifying mask - this my absolute all-time favorite

- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask (anything from origins, really...)

- Fresh Umbrian Clay Mask, or Fresh Umbrian Clay Treatment bar - these feel a little drying for me but they are nice

MemberMember
(@hanleybeingmannybeingmanny)

Posted : 07/30/2015 1:40 pm

I use Freeman's Acai Purifying Clay Mask after I shave and it has definitely been great at preventing new acne and making my skin glowbut I'm less sure about how it is on existing acne. Hopefully this helps!

MemberMember
(@loudcloudy)

Posted : 07/30/2015 7:44 pm

Thanks @WadeX, @dittus & @Hanely!

After posting I did try an egg white mask...after abt 3 minutes of applying it was crazy itchy, but calmed down and I left it on for the night...noticed that it made my skin less red, but a little bit dry & flaky, skin also feels 'tight' - not sure if this is bad or good?

I might try some of your DIY suggestions dittus :)

Some DIY options:

- all skin types: pure raw honey - leave it on for 10-60minutes & wash off with warm water

- dry skin, dry combo skin: honey + aloe vera

- sensitive, irritated, combo skin: oatmeal (you can add honey if you want to) - let the oatmeal cool down before applying, leave on for 20-30min

- oily skin (i haven't tried this, cause i'm allergic to eggs): apply egg white (no yolk), let dry completely and wash off

What strength Manuka honey do you use?

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/30/2015 9:01 pm

If it made it feel tight and itchy you have dry skin.

Just moisturize when through with it.

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 08/01/2015 1:19 pm

@LoudCloudy

I highly suggest Eminence Clear Skin Probiotic Masque for mild/moderate acne. It is worth every penny. Check out the reviews on this stuff on the Eminence webpage, Amazon, DermStore, etc. It comes with amazing reviews and results.

https://eminenceorganics.com/us/product/clear-skin-probiotic-masque

All the best.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a mask for mild acne...?
Have heard of natural masks like honey & egg whites being used. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thx :)

MemberMember
(@lilypore)

Posted : 08/02/2015 12:13 pm

I've used Mask of Magnaminty from LUSH everyday for a while now and I like it a lot. I haven't gotten any new breakouts since I started. For homemade masks, honey is an amazing ingredient! I definitely recommend it.