Notifications
Clear all

Please Help

MemberMember
(@giraffe15)

Posted : 07/21/2015 7:03 pm

okay so I got sunburned today pretty badly on my face. Yes I used sunscreen and reapplied it every hour (spf 30). The burn is only my nose and both of my cheeks. My face is just really sensitive because of the topicals I've been using. I'm using duac (5% benzoyl peroxide and 1% clindamycin) and I wash my face every morning and night with the cetaphil gentle cleanser and use a cetaphil moisturizing cream. How do I go about this? Do I still gently wash my face and apply the duac to where I don't have the sunburn? (Lower cheeks, chin and forehead) or do I not apply it at all? My sunburn is burning and I do not want to irritate it. I hope it's not a second degree but I mean I don't think it is? Help me?

MemberMember
(@electra-heart)

Posted : 07/21/2015 11:24 pm

I definitely think that you should wash your face and either apply it to where the sunburn isn't, or not at all. If you have absolutely any concerns about it reaching those areas (ex. tossing and turning while you sleep and it rubbing around) then I would not use it at all. I think that the only circumstance that you should use it is if it's something that you know absolutely helps you and that you're gonna dramatically change if you don't use it for a few nights.

Make SURE that you keep your face moisturised, as that's huge when you're sunburnt. Treat it gently, and do what you think works best for you.

Best of luck! xx

MemberMember
(@spanishsugar)

Posted : 07/22/2015 5:44 am

This sounds silly, but my mother used to tell me to put some aloe vera gel into those ice molder/maker things, and then into the freezer. They will freeze into these aloe vera gel ice cubes and then just rub that against your burn. It soothes it and provides natural protection, also helps cure it.

I also suggest you wash your face with ice cold water before applying the products.

MemberMember
(@zoya123)

Posted : 07/23/2015 7:25 am

Hey guys Ive never posted on here before but I seriously don't know what to do with my acne. Just a history I'm 17 years old and I have never ever experienced any acne before this but suddenly my skin just started getting spots and not going away and are constantly itchy. so I went to a derm and they put me on lymecycline I have been taking it for about 10 days now and it's safe to say my acne has got severely worse on the medication I don't know what to do does anyone have any suggestions. Will be much appreciated thankyou