Notifications
Clear all

How I'm Clearing My Acne!

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 07/18/2015 11:13 pm

I've had a lot of trouble with my skin the past few years, but this summer was bad. My entire right cheek broke out into tiny little red bumps everywhere, and then I'd breakout all over my face to top it off. It was terrible, ok not as terrible as some cases, but I was hysterical. I became a tad bit obsessed with ridding my skin of the imperfections I was facing every day. And guess what... I did!! All I'm left with now are some red marks and one itty bitty cheek pimple that's already flattened out. So if any of you are dedicated to getting rid of acne, here's how I got rid of mine:

First I stopped eating gluten and dairy. I'm lactose intolerant but I broke sometimes and ate some cheesecake- well that's a big no no if you're fighting breakouts ok? Especially if you have problems digesting lactose. Trust me!

Then I went to the doctor and he prescribed me epiduo (tactuo here in Canada) I've been on it for 1 month almost and it's been slightly hellish. When you first get on this topical gel it will break you out and irritate you.. You must only use a pea size amount and gradually adjust to the medication for optimal results. Week 2 and 3 The initial breakout was insane. It's ridiculous how many big inflamed pimples I was getting all over my cheeks. Made me really upset but as a month rolled by I was absolutely clear! Praying that it stays this way.

I started drinking at least 3 litres of water a day. This is super important especially during the summer!!!

Now, I also had to stop eating sugar and ingesting caffeine for the results I needed, so I did that too. Even caffienafed green tea disagreed with my system.

I drink chamomile tea every so often and at least 3 cups of spearmint tea a day!! This is really great for pms and hormones and is super balancing for your oil production trust me!!

I take the supplements : omega 3, evening primrose oil (2000-3000 mg a day) vitamin d, and the odd vitamin a capsule.

All of this has made a huge difference in my skin, I know how difficult it is to suffer from acne so hang tough everyone :) if you have any questions feel free to ask, and if anyone has good advice on fading pih (the red spots) let me know! Thanks for reading :)

MemberMember
(@becjane1988)

Posted : 07/19/2015 11:21 am

I'm on Day 79 of Epiduo(Tactupump cause I'm in Canada) and couldn't be happier at this point! I noticed improvement after a month but it's very up and down... You get better for a few days then get a breakout. I found every breakout was less severe as I went. Now suddenly 2 weeks ago tomorrow was mt last breakout.. Doesn't sound like much but the longest I've ever gone is 4 days since last July.

I'm glad to hear it's working for you so well too! It's hard to find positive experiences or once a person clears I find they disappear and you never hear what happened!

Where do you get the speariment tea? I have been looking for it cause my skin is still super oily and is my next battle in fighting! How much of a reduction in oil do you think you noticed?

Thank you :)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 07/19/2015 8:01 pm

I had to scour all over the place for the spearmint tea, but I found it at whole foods. Any health store will probably have it you may just have to look around for it. I found that cetaphil oil control wash helped with my oily skin a lot, some people don't like it but it works well for me! I'm glad to hear epiduo has been going well for you!! My acne was never super bad but it takes such a toll on self esteem anyways blahs. I'm happy I'm clearing up. I noticed a lot of oil reduction especially around my time of month with the spearmint tea. It's seemed to really regulate pms with me too! It's pretty awesome. I reccoment pure organic spearmint, which is what I got. Best of luck:)

MemberMember
(@coolbeans32)

Posted : 07/19/2015 10:29 pm

I have had to do pretty Much

the same thing diet wise, I'm totally fine with it though cause I feel fantastic from the inside out. not to mention my skin looks healthy and clear as evaaaa. But remember gluten and wheat are two different things, gluten is actually not bad for you nor is it bad for acne, its wheat that's the acne killer cause wheat digest very vast there for spiking your insulin and producing more oil on your skin and giving you acne. So watch out for wheat in ingridiants list, cause a lot of things won't have gluten so to speak but can have wheat and still give you pimples. So I have excluded all bread and and grains from my diet too.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 07/19/2015 10:56 pm

Do you have trouble with any other foods? How about rice?

MemberMember
(@coolbeans32)

Posted : 07/20/2015 2:21 pm

Yes, its funny that you asked me that cause rice breaks me out the worst, (white rice but not brown). mainly cause whit rice is very high in gi and i can just eat quit a bit of it without really noticing the effects its having on my skin. not to mention white rice really is not good for you all together so i tend to avoid it anyhow acne or no acne. but thats just me it may not break you out.

MemberMember
(@becjane1988)

Posted : 07/22/2015 11:14 pm

Thanks so much for your suggestions! I'll take a look at whole foods! :)

MemberMember
(@sarabiston)

Posted : 07/23/2015 3:51 am

There are many products available in the market an acne, acne is the long term skin condition characterized by the areas of pimples, skin and possibly scarring. Recently I read review on Zeroblem . It is a dermatologist-developed which helps to remove dirt and other impurities on the face and protect my skin from environmental damages.

MemberMember
(@becjane1988)

Posted : 07/25/2015 12:25 am

SPAM!!! @sarabiston

DeLovely liked