Notifications
Clear all

Skin Care Advice?

MemberMember
(@gisselles02)

Posted : 07/02/2015 9:43 pm

Can anyone suggest a good skin care routine or treatment that I can do at home to effectively help with scarring??

I hate doing nothing as I wait around for every dermatologist appointment which is every 5 weeks. What can I do in the meantime to help with the appearance of scars that is both effective and safe to do at home and what should I be doing everyday to maintain healthy-looking skin? I would really appreciate it.

I was going to attach photos to the forum but for some reason my phone wouldn't allow me. I have pictures of my face in my profile gallery if it helps.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 07/06/2015 10:37 pm

scars !!! , actually your skin is awesome , you don't have real scars, just red marks and redness/pinkness , all you need just good skin care routine ( mild cleanser , anti inflammation moisturizer and sunscreen )+ time

After one year , if redness still here , go for some rounds of vbeam laser

MemberMember
(@leahg520)

Posted : 07/06/2015 11:27 pm

Acne scars can take up to 6 months to fade. Protecting your face from the sun and avoiding touching your face, so no picking or popping, can help. In the mean time has your derm ever tried you on a retinoid? It is great to help fade those spots.

Might also want to consider a microdermabrasion. They are pretty costly, but so worth it.