Notifications
Clear all

Under Eye Burn From Bp

MemberMember
(@elena1922)

Posted : 06/25/2015 8:06 am

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone could help me out. I had a breakout in the area beside my nose and under my eyes and I applied a little bit of BP (the Regimen 2.5%). Good news, it cleared my breakout...However I have this weird rash/burn/irritation under my eyes. I've tried extra moisturizer, vaseline, aloe vera and manuka honey to try and heal the irritation but to no avail.

Any product recommendations or should I go to the doctor? Please help. :(

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/25/2015 9:27 pm

BP can cause hyper-pigmentation.. and redness..

How long have you had it there for? If it's been last than a week, don't worry about it. If it's been there more than 2-3 weeks and you see no improvement whatsoever, definitely get it checked out. The eye area is much more thin and sensitive compared to the rest of the skin on your face.

:))

MemberMember
(@elena1922)

Posted : 06/26/2015 9:39 am

I've had it for about 4 days now. I've used the Regimen and BP in the past many times to heal breakouts but I have never burned myself this bad before. Usually a bit of extra moisturizer will heal it overnight. It seems to be getting worse now. I've stopped all BP usage in the meantime.

The burned skin feels hard and tough. I'm hoping that by just cleansing and moisturizing and leaving it alone and staying indoors will help it heal itself?

Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/26/2015 9:47 am

If you have sunscreen with Zinc Oxide in it, it may help help reduce the redness - that's kinda what Zinc Oxide is known for, to reduce rashes, scars, redness, pigmentation, etc.

But ermm... Ya, like I said it give it another week and if it like spreads or anything horrible, ask your doctor what's wrong and see if there are perhaps damaged vessels, capillaries, etc. :)

MemberMember
(@elena1922)

Posted : 06/26/2015 10:34 am

I'm not sure if I have any of that...

My mom is a nurse and she told me that some polysporin might help heal it quicker.

Definitely going to the clinic if it hasn't improved by Wednesday which will be 7 days of having it.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/26/2015 10:42 am

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone could help me out. I had a breakout in the area beside my nose and under my eyes and I applied a little bit of BP (the Regimen 2.5%). Good news, it cleared my breakout...However I have this weird rash/burn/irritation under my eyes. I've tried extra moisturizer, vaseline, aloe vera and manuka honey to try and heal the irritation but to no avail.

Any product recommendations or should I go to the doctor? Please help. :(

Aloe Vera + oil free moisturizer = healed

MemberMember
(@elena1922)

Posted : 06/26/2015 11:16 am

The only aloe I have access to right now is Solarcaine for sunburns which did not work at all, just irritated it further :(

No money to go out and buy anything any time soon :(

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/26/2015 11:28 am

The only aloe I have access to right now is Solarcaine for sunburns which did not work at all, just irritated it further :(

No money to go out and buy anything any time soon :(

Hmm, you could try some sort of oil? It has to be really clean oil though. Otherwise it is probably a waiting game and just waiting for it to heal

MemberMember
(@elena1922)

Posted : 06/26/2015 11:41 am

With clean hands, I gently applied a very thing layer of polysporin after rinsing the burn with cool water in the shower. The redness has subsided a little bit, which is good. The polysporin has zinc oxide in it like was suggest early in this thread.

So far so good!