Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Story

MemberMember
(@leegary)

Posted : 06/17/2015 10:17 am

I am a 33 yr old brown skinned male. I never had severe acne as a teenager,just a few occasional zits but not that bad, and back then it didnt bother me as much as it does now. I had a bad breakout at 20, 23, and 32. 33. I started using pro active at 20. It usually has always helped me. And I go long periods without acne when I was on it. I noticed that whenever I ran out and stopped using it, my acne returned with a vengeance. Then I ordered it again, acne went away. I ran out in summer 2014 and did not re order, my face erupted! It was horrible acne in your 30s when most ppl have clear skin. I tried Pro active plus that didnt work as well as the old formula. I tried using tea tree oil that worked for about a month then acne returned . So in May 2015 I got back on the old formula Pro Active. It is working, I am seeing improvement, but I am still not completely clear like I use to be. Maybe because I've been off of the Pro Active for nearly a year. Its taking longer to work. I really hope I am back to my clear skin I had back in June 2014.

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 06/17/2015 10:34 am

What pro active do you use?

I am a 33 yr old brown skinned male. I never had severe acne as a teenager,just a few occasional zits but not that bad, and back then it didnt bother me as much as it does now. I had a bad breakout at 20, 23, and 32. 33. I started using pro active at 20. It usually has always helped me. And I go long periods without acne when I was on it. I noticed that whenever I ran out and stopped using it, my acne returned with a vengeance. Then I ordered it again, acne went away. I ran out in summer 2014 and did not re order, my face erupted! It was horrible acne in your 30s when most ppl have clear skin. I tried Pro active plus that didnt work as well as the old formula. I tried using tea tree oil that worked for about a month then acne returned . So in May 2015 I got back on the old formula Pro Active. It is working, I am seeing improvement, but I am still not completely clear like I use to be. Maybe because I've been off of the Pro Active for nearly a year. Its taking longer to work. I really hope I am back to my clear skin I had back in June 2014.

MemberMember
(@leegary)

Posted : 06/17/2015 10:49 am

essex11 I use the 3 step system, not pro active plus but the old basic 90 day system with the renewing cleanser, revitalizing toner, and repairing lotion.

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 06/17/2015 11:00 am

Thanks,

I might end up using pro active in the end.

quote name="leegary" post="3484756" timestamp="1434556166"]essex11 I use the 3 step system, not pro active plus but the old basic 90 day system with the renewing cleanser, revitalizing toner, and repairing lotion.

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 06/19/2015 9:18 am

Continue using Pro Active and make sure you don't stop it, seems like your skin still needs it to stay clear. Have you tried other types of washes for acne-prone skin ?

Stick with the treatment, wash your face every morning and night !

You can also try Benzyl Peroxide 4% cream to be applied as spot treatment to speed up the process.

MemberMember
(@avaso)

Posted : 06/19/2015 3:48 pm

I just wrote a blog on acne and depression. I think it would be helpful if you have a read and maybe I could have some feedback.. I would say for you just to go to your local doctor maybe and see if there's anything they could recommend, a doctors recommendation is always helpful.