Notifications
Clear all

What Type Of Acne Is This? With Pictures.

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 05/26/2015 5:39 am

Hi guys, I've never posted any pictures without makeup anywhere, so it's quite a big thing for me. I don't really know why I decided to, I guess it's kind of liberating? Feeling a bit hopeless at the moment, not only have I had acne for seven years but I also have a sexual problem meaning sex is very difficult and painful. Lately ive been feeling like I'll be forever alone because what man is going to want someone who is A- ugly and B- unable to even have a proper full physical relationship.

I know its a really graphic and slightly pathetic statement ^ lol. But I dunno, just wanted to say it to someone. Sigh.

post-431294-0-19231800-1432636524.jpg

post-431294-0-22675500-1432636526.jpg

post-431294-0-66902700-1432639128.jpg

post-431294-0-12039900-1432639130.jpg

post-431294-0-13853800-1432639131.jpg

post-431294-0-25720000-1432639132.jpg

post-431294-0-38532700-1432639133.jpg

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/26/2015 6:13 am

First of all, you are definitely NOT ugly! If someone sees a few spots and rejects you because of that, do you even want that person in your life?

Your acne is not that bad. I've seen much worse ...on my face! Could you post a close-up photo of your acne so that I can get a closer look to figure out what type of acne it is?

Hi guys, I've never posted any pictures without makeup anywhere, so it's quite a big thing for me. I don't really know why I decided to, I guess it's kind of liberating? Feeling a bit hopeless at the moment, not only have I had acne for seven years but I also have a sexual problem meaning sex is very difficult and painful. Lately ive been feeling like I'll be forever alone because what man is going to want someone who is A- ugly and B- unable to even have a proper full physical relationship.

I know its a really graphic and slightly pathetic statement ^ lol. But I dunno, just wanted to say it to someone. Sigh.

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 05/26/2015 6:19 am

Thanks for your support :) I posted some closer pictures, though my cam is a bit dodgy x

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 05/26/2015 7:59 am

might as well put a few possibly related facts down in case anyone browses this and instantly knows what the cure is :P

I have acne as well as fungal toe nails and a constant sinus problem which means I rely on nasal sprays like vicks sinex every day-usually twice daily. No hayfever as there is no difference between summer and winter, though I am considering experimenting with antihistamines for the acne. I hate chemicals though so i'm not sure if i'll go through with it :/

MemberMember
(@almost7years)

Posted : 05/26/2015 8:40 am

I think that your acne is actually mild...but as someone also with acne we all know that one pimple is one pimple toooooooo many. Hope you can find your inner beauty. Still trying to find mine......still trying....trying....

BTW....what kind of necklace is that? Looks either Pagan or Druid or something Wicca...like either way;)

MemberMember
(@stroking-out)

Posted : 05/26/2015 8:42 am

I know exactly where you're coming from in terms of uploading pictures of acne, I wouldn't even dream of uploading a picture onto facebook, haha. Your acne looks moderate, I reckon the regimen would clear it up in a few months.

Any man would be lucky to be in a realtionship with you, you have the most incredible blues!

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 05/26/2015 11:33 am

@almost7years- yeah inner beauty is hard to muster when acne turns us in to vain people desperately searching and shopping for cures/things to make us look more attractive. Everyone who comes to my place sees all my failed supplements, makeup and potions and says 'you're so vain' lol and it's true! Acne affects my personality as well as face. I wish I was stronger and didn't spend so much time on this stuff.

@strokingout- thanks that's a very sweet thing to say :) hm is the regime benzyl peroxide based? If so I got that stuff from my doctor ages ago and it never made much difference, not to mention is very ageing. I think because everything promises the world and often uses fake reviews, I don't trust that anything will work. :s

MemberMember
(@hide123)

Posted : 05/26/2015 12:27 pm

I have been using Emuaid soap bar for the past 3 weeks and my skin is basically clear (except for the small pimples here and there and residual acne scars). Its all natural, so its very gentle on the skin. I also use it in conjunction with maca powder vitamins as it is supposed to help clear skin and regulates hormones. This is one of the only things that has worked for me, all the prescribed harsh products from the derm have never worked for me, they just made me skin angry.

The soap is 20 bucks, so its kinda expensive, but you get a lot and it lasts a long time!

If you can afford it I would definitely give it a try!

Heres the link to the website that describes the soap: [removed]

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 05/26/2015 12:45 pm

Hide123 hi I am in fact on maca to increase my curves after accidental weight loss, I was wondering today if it was actually breaking me out. As I have read that can happen, it certainly isn't helping things anyway. I will look in to the soap, but i'm sooo sceptical of everything. What works for one seems to totally screw up someone else :'( thanks for your advice x

MemberMember
(@hide123)

Posted : 05/26/2015 1:23 pm

It is possible that the maca powder does not work for you. Maybe try going off of it for a few weeks and see if that helps things? And i completely understand your scepticism about trying new things. Im like that too. Honestly, the only reason I decided to try it was because my mom bought it for me to help with my acne, and I didn't want to upset her by not using it. But like you said, everyone's skin is different!

MemberMember
(@pinkberry)

Posted : 05/26/2015 7:58 pm

You're a very pretty young woman so please keep your chin up and your self esteem high. Feeling low about yourself just causes stress and that can show on your skin. I would cut out any supplements, sugars, high carbs, and dairy for a few weeks and see if that helps. (My son tried a supplement that was supposed to be good for skin a few months back and his acne actually worsened while on it. Go figure!) I would say to try a BP product but if you're not fond of that, perhaps try an AHA, such as the acne.org one. Your acne may respond well to just using that and a mild cleanser. Don't overtreat your skin, since you're fair you may just end up with redness and irritation.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/26/2015 8:16 pm

You're really pretty acne or not. Some men and people in general can be shallow but the people that count will not be. Your acne looks on the mild side of moderate. Mid you don't want to use chemicals how about diet changes?

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 05/27/2015 5:16 am

People are so genuine and supportive on this site :) really appreciate it. As for the diet idea I went on the anti candida (strict as hell!!) diet for about three months which meant no sugar, dairy, grains, no real carbs, no alcohol, no meat unless organic (though i couldn't afford this one) no fruit. It was awfulll. I lost over a stone, got stretch marks and cellulite everywhere, people keep saying to me where has your ass gone :'( lolz. It was the only thing I was confident about. My acne did seem to be more controlled. But it would mean being unable to socialize, unable to enjoy food and skinny for your whole life :/ i'm not sure its worth it. Since coming off it my acne has exploded, even though it certainly wasn't that great when I was on the diet. At wits end, really am. Everything I do to try and combat acne has terrible consequences, like when I tried vitamin B5 for nine months since my hair has been falling out since and has thinned. Arghh. I have been generally dairy free for a long time, I worry about calcium deficiency, does anyone else worry about that? Anyway I don't know if it makes a difference or not. x

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 05/27/2015 5:17 am

Before I decided on a plan, I read a lot of threads on this forum & decided on a multi-prong attack on my acne.

My regimen is described in my gallery photos.

Dan's regimen does depend on BP, but I only used the tinyest amount, rather than the amout recommended & never got any redness or dryness. I had also used BP products in the past, but my mistake was not using them for long enough. I was expecting instant results, when, in fact, the BP appeared to make my skin look worse.

Agree with above about cutting out dairy. You may find that it could help your sinus problem as well.

Whatever you try, make sure that you stick to it for 2 to 3 months as, unfortunately, things can sometimes get worse before they get better.

EDIT...Oops sorry freakingthefrackout, I posted this at the same time as your last post.

btw...there are many more other "natural" sources of calcium, than that from cow's milk (green veg, fish, nuts etc.)

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20845429,00.html

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/calcium-rich-diet

MemberMember
(@kingyo21)

Posted : 05/27/2015 1:09 pm

You look pretty to me :) Try things, listen to your body and research, you will find something eventually. In the meantime, my advice for you is to try not to obsess over it. I know, easier said than done, but i feel better when i remind myself that life doesn't have to be about my acne. When you see someone with acne, what goes through your mind? Chances are, appart from "yesssssss I'm not alone!", you think nothing about it. Most people won't judge you because of acne. And see the positive side; you don't have it on your body which is a real pain in the ass, believe me :P