Notifications
Clear all

Somebody Must Be Able To Help! Need Help With Supplements,oil,diet Etc. 🙁 Please

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 05/15/2015 10:05 am

Okay so this is going to be detailed but I have tried so much to stop my oily and spot prone skin but I just can't find the answer! So I'm 19 and have suffered with acne for around a year now, I have oily skin, and have a few post inflammatory red marks on my chin.

However I am developing new spots not the acne sort that I used to get but little bumps and whiteheads that are painful and also some cysts in neck area.

I need help with everything I have been dairy free for a round a month and am about a week into my gluten free diet, I also have been taking vitamin a and vitamin b5 supplement along with zinc.

When is the best time to take supplements and how many of each should I have?

How can I get rid of oily skin?

What other dietary changes and how long before impacts on skin are made? I also drink 2 cups of green tea per day.

The spots are usually little bumps under the skin then around after a week they form into red ones

I use a tea tree charcoal face wash and apply a tea tree oil toner and oil free moisturiser twice a day

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANK YOU

Pictures:

post-454038-0-71897400-1431702184.jpgpost-454038-0-13816600-1431702211.jpgpost-454038-0-57186100-1431702250.jpg

I also apply epiduo at night and a AHA for the marks

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 05/15/2015 12:33 pm

Well, for oily skin you could look into adding vitamin d3. There is lots of info on it here on acne.org. A lot of people swear it fixes their oily skin. You might also look into jojoba oil instead of using a moisturizer. Some people might disagree with me on this but if your skin is oily you don't need any more moisture. Jojoba oil is very close to human sebum so it tricks your skin into thinking it's produced enough oil. I mix it with Jason's 98% aloe gel and that works really well. Also, a lot of people have good results by putting Milk Of Magnesia on their face to control oil and acne. Have you already tried an apple cider vinegar toner? Helps with acne and correcting ph level.

MemberMember
(@vegan-gal)

Posted : 05/15/2015 7:09 pm

I tried everything for my acne and the only thing that helped was the starchsolution diet. Basically it's a vegan diet consisting of high carb and very low fat. I saw results on the second week of doing this diet and I kept my fat intake at 0 for the first two weeks. My skin is glowing and no acne just a few marks which are disappearing rather quickly. This is a lifestyle change for me and I plan to follow for the rest of my life. In terms of skin care, I use a buffing sponge in the am with water, splash more water on my face and a bit of coconut oil and two drops of rosehip oil. At night same thing except I add a vitamin e capsule on top. No makeup, no cleanser, nothing else.