Notifications
Clear all

Big Infection

MemberMember
(@mct197)

Posted : 04/13/2015 3:32 am

Hey all.

I noticed a few days ago that I was getting a large blind pimple above my eye brow. I used benzoyl peroxide for it which was a few months expired but it's the only thing I had. The pimple got a bit bigger and doesn't have a white head yet so yesterday I put a warm towel to it hoping I could get a white head. It never happened so I went to play hockey and my helmet was probably irritating the pimple cause just now I woke up at 4am and my eye is legitimately half swollen shut and the whole area looks infected. I look like a freak and am scared as hell to be honest. There is no way I can go to work and don't know what to do other than ice, ibuprofen and maybe polysporin? Gonna see my doctor ASAP as well in the morning.

Is all this even possible from just a big pimple? Or did I mess it up and it's something else possibly?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/13/2015 9:23 am

Wow, that sounds terrible and definitely outside the normal range. I've never heard of a pimple doing this. Seeing the doc is your best bet. Let us know what he says!

Good luck at your appointment! :)

MemberMember
(@mct197)

Posted : 04/13/2015 11:43 am

My doc isn't sure what happened but thinks the pimple may be related to it. Regardless I got a prescription for amoxicillin and clavulin so hopefully the swelling reduces. And the blind pimple is still there too lol