Notifications
Clear all

Don't Know What To Do Anymore..

MemberMember
(@saintvyruss)

Posted : 02/17/2015 2:20 pm

I guess that I should start out by listing that I am a 18 year old boy, that has, until recently, had really long hair. When I say really long hair, I mean way past the shoulders! Acne and oily skin and hair has always ran in the family, as my father, 45, still struggles with acne and boiles. I started getting acne probably around the age of 15-16, and have really struggled with it. I started out with it really bad on my forehead, then it progressed to where it is now, on the sides of my face, all the way down to my chin, with a few black heads under my eyes. I recently cut my hair really short in hopes of it clearing up some of my face, and it really has, but not as much as I would like at all. I have tried using several acne products in the past, clearasil, proactive, things of that nature, but they only seem to make my acne WORSE. Every day when I take my shower, I wash my face with water and scrub with my hands and a washcloth, but that is about it. When googling acne remedies, I stumbled across literally hundreds of home remedies, medicines, store-bought remedies, and everything of that nature, but I really don't know what actually works and what doesn't. I guess that I am just at a loss as to what I should do, since everything i've tried has not only not worked, but worsened it.

Thank you everyone for all of the help!

MemberMember
(@ameliaas)

Posted : 02/18/2015 4:52 pm

I posted below for a gal that needed help, but just so happens that my husband got talked into a regimen as we have a good 10 years on you and have to stop aging process!

She said this would help him too with just anti aging, acne here and there (different from what I was going through) but his skin is night and day. They do hv a men's line (Clinique) and after what I hv seen in a week with me, I could and did cry bc I have never been so relieved.

I will try to paste the post but if you really want to put some time and money into it... It worked for me, but I am sooo impressed w/ this, after all I have been through I wld try it. Good luck- have some hope!

Here is what I posted: ignore makeup if your not into it, just keep it clean but so important to moisturize with this!

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I am a little older than you :) One week ago I was saying "I can't believe I am 39 & dealing with this." I didn't want to leave the house. I looked horrible. Huge cystic acne all over chin, cheeks, & under my chin. I started hormone therapy & thought it was the testesterone, but I have been doing it for over a year & this started only happening a few months ago. I saw my deem doc, which didn't work. I was using tea tree oil and every cream prescribed and OTC I cld.

I saw an old friend of mine who works for Est©e Lauder in tears- after coming from Sephora to get the Murad starter kit. I can tell you maybe less than a week later my face is clearing up immensely.

First, like she told me, your face is way way to dried out. I do run a humidifier on low at night (I hv to) but I do think you need some moisture just don't turn it up 100%.

This has been a miracle for me, I can't wait to go back with flowers. So maybe this will help- it is the only thing that has.

FYI- she didn't just sell me one Lauder product. One thing to add, I can't believe Clinique would work, but I have a theory about it. Anyhow it worked & I was a Dior girl, and this has made my face look a million x better. So here is what I did:

1) Bought a new Olay cleansing spin brush which comes with 2 small samples. I use just a dab of the Murad Cleanser and more of the Olay proX cleanser let that dry (Walgreens)

2. Bc I am OCD I put the Murad Acne spot corrector almost everywhere, but esp on those huge cysts. When theybsay leave them alone- do. Being crazy about getting rid of them this has been hard. If they are white and grose then I can't help myself!

3. After about 5 min- take a pump or two of Clinique Custom Repair Serum. Let dry it does pretty fast.

4. AM and PM Use Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. Not the one that smells like Grapefruit meaning the one you wld get in gifts)

5. For good measure I put on the spot corrector again!

*just FYI Sephora's Clinique products are 30.00 cheaper. This product (if you read about it is AMAZING. It is a smart product.***

Bc I get so oily I do do the whole regimen at night.

* I went w/ little to no makeup at all through this and when I had to I washed it off the min I could. Also clean and disinfect all your brushes.

I am so grateful for finding this. I hope you can find something that will help you. It is miserable.

I hope you find even one thing that can help. I think you are drying out your face though where the only way the moisture or oils can escape is through acne, we all do it.

Blessings!

Amelia